Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Modern U.S Marine corps belt and buckle

Article about: Hi, I picked up this modern U.S Marine Corps belt and buckle in the box of issue today it is un-used and in great condition, it has the serial No of NSN 8465-01-322-1996. not worth a great d

Default Modern U.S Marine corps belt and buckle

Hi,
    I picked up this modern U.S Marine Corps belt and buckle in the box of issue today it is un-used and in great condition, it has the serial No of NSN 8465-01-322-1996.
    not worth a great deal but something different.
    Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Modern U.S Marine corps belt and buckle  

Nice! Always nice to see things in original boxes of issue

Hi edelwiess,
    It is a good find i dont know weather to use it or keep it in the box ?
    Dave.

nice belt and buckle dave ,its too good to not have displayed somewhere in your collection looking at the code and i have to admit im always confused with these ,i have an fsn stamped carbine pouch dated at 1957 im just wondering when it progressed from dsa to dla and now you show nsn on your belt is this a nato designation ?cheers james

Default U.S Marine Belt and Buckle

Hi James,
    I am keeping it as it is, it,s in great condition and i have the box a you can see the Ser No has the NSN so i think you may be right about Nato. Also i think with the last numbers being 1996 that may be the year of issue.
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Modern U.S Marine corps belt and buckle  

Hi panzer, can confirm that this is a Nato serial number the o1 is the identifier for the Us, the 1996 part of the number is not however the year of manufacture.

NSN stands for National Stock Number and is used to ID all US military equipment. If I recall the first 4 numbers are general catagory designators. NSNs have been used by the US military for at least the last 40 years

Hi
    Thanks for your reply Robin im not up on U.S, Ser No at all, Also thanks Tom for the info at least we now know what NSN means. This forum is a mine of information, It,s a nice piece of kit, Tom would you know when this type came into issue ?
    Dave.

Hi Panzer,thanks for the thanks, At the beginning of my Army career used to work as a Supply controller so everything was ordered and issued by its nato stock number (as its known this side of the pond) the two digits identify the country of origin, 01 for the Usa, 99 for the Uk, 12 for Germany.well you get the idea.

great bit of info robin and tom ,so thank you both

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast