Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Montgomery coat

Article about: I don't think that \\$65 is unreasonable, they were issued during the Korean and Viet Nam wars. It will make a nice display piece if you pick up and apply a period European unit patch and rank

Default Re: Montgomery coat

I don't think that $65 is unreasonable, they were issued during the Korean and Viet Nam wars. It will make a nice display piece if you pick up and apply a period European unit patch and rank chevrons. If you decide to go with that I'll take photos of mine and send them to you for placement. As for the date on the coat it's very easy to miss, it's in the left hand pocket, not in the very bottom where you would expect to find it but in the very top. You have to turn the entire pocket inside out to see it. Someone would have to offer me much more than what you paid for me to part with mine, no I take that back I would not sell it. Still a nice pick up at a fair price. John

Thank you, that's a relief. It's great idea to put European unit patch. Afterall, it probably was issued to one of those units.
    Oh and it would be great to see those pics. You can send them on e-mail, I'll send you a PM.

I'm a little busy with Christmas coming up in a few days but I will take pics probably on monday (after the Christmas rush) and I'll post them here. John

Schachbrett, Sorry it took me a while longer than I promised but here are the pics of my overcoat. It's been hanging in my closet for 44 years so forgive the wrinkles. If you need any more pics let me know and I'll supply them. John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Montgomery coat   Montgomery coat  

Montgomery coat   Montgomery coat  

Montgomery coat  

I've got one from WWII. It matches yours in color and material exactly.

Quote by johnhmcgary View Post
    I'm a little busy with Christmas coming up in a few days but I will take pics probably on monday (after the Christmas rush) and I'll post them here. John
    We are all busy these days. As the matter of fact, this is my first opportunity to post!

The coat is great, John! It's really nice, especially with those patches! The 'Berlin' patch fits too good, I'll sure get myself one of those! Thanks for the pics, it's really a great help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2