Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My M1938 coveralls came in today!!

Article about: This is the coveralls I need for my B-17 friend Phil. These are the sellers pic's as I haven't taken any yet. These are in Very Good condition with a couple small rust stains that you can't

?

Default My M1938 coveralls came in today!!

This is the coveralls I need for my B-17 friend Phil.
    These are the sellers pic's as I haven't taken any yet.
    These are in Very Good condition and clean with a couple small rust stains that you can't even nothice unless inspecting these. Which I did when they arrived. There was no tag so I was hoping these would not be a small set like most WW2 era uniforms and it is Not. These might even fit me
    The seller is the Great niece and I asked for more info about Lt. Robert T cox. I like to know the history and the Man behind any item I add to my collection.
    I wanted to know if he was infantry or Tank or another unit.
    She said she would get me more info and his personal story when she can, But she said that he was attached to an Intelligence unit. Which kind of comes into play with the being part of a concentration camp story she first mentioned.
    Well here are my M1938 US HBT coveralls .

Semper Fi
    Phil

If it wasn't for the picture of the name written in I'd think this was NOS, can't wait to see the fully kitted out display! Also it sounds like this has an interesting story behind it hopefully more information comes in soon I wonder what a intelligence unit was using coveralls for.

Nice one Phil, Good it has it's belt as these are often cut off, I've always attributed these to mechanics and tankers. Got one somewhere and I never did take pics of it ever!

Ha I lie! I found a 16 year old pic of it, mines missing the belt!

Nice Phil! Having a little bit of history or a name attached to an item really makes it more interesting and desirable for me.

?

Thanks Gent's,
    These do have some slight wear to the button's and the button holes and some small rust stain dots,1 below the right pocket and 2 on the right thigh just below the pocket. So not NOS , but real close and what I need for Phil's display. I want items that look like it's March of 1944 when that picture was taken and these will do the job.

Now I need to look into getting some Mannequins, so I can get them all dressed up for that display. They are not cheap. At least the ones who don't look like they just came from the Polo club or fashion show and not 6'1" tall..LOL!!
    I found plenty of those.
    I need the Manly looking ones that are about 5'8-10"ish and those cost more than what I got into these last two buy's.

Stephen,
    The story had me wondering also. I thought maybe a Tanker or MotorT officer, But when she said Intel, That had me scratching my head. Unless he planned on doing some dirty work.

I did also ask for more info about what the T in his middle initial stood for and also his Home Town. That way I can narrow it down if there are a lot of hits for a Lt. Robert T Cox.

Like they say, Buy the item, Not the story and that is what I did. If the story comes out to be true, That's just a bonus.

Very Nice set of coveralls Rene'. Interesting the belt was removed. A custom fit or a Fat Guy!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Phil, the best I’ve seen are “Yanks” Mannequins but their website is currently down. They do a variety of sizes and take into account the fact that people were generally a bit smaller back then.

Also, one I’ve just found is “Historia Manniquins”.

Andy

MAP
    ?

Congrats Phil. I too can't wait to see everything kitted out.

How about you pull a Rossi? Try it on and take a photo of yourself?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Cheers Phil, it would have been removed to avoid snags in or around vehicles.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Congrats Phil. I too can't wait to see everything kitted out.

How about you pull a Rossi? Try it on and take a photo of yourself?
    Thanks Michael,
    After all this quarantine eating, I'm not sure I could get the waist buttons done on the coveralls!!!

I'm going to try them on, We will see!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast