Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My special estate sale trip

Article about: Was reading the classified ads this morning and there was an estate sale 15 miles from me so I took a chance. Turned out to be an estate sale ran by a ww2 army air corps veterans daughter..

After talking to her this morning these will be all I am able to get. She is mailing them to me free of charge and I am grateful and honored to own them. I think she can't bare to part with the display above and I don't blame her one bit.

Tons more original photos emailed to me this morning coming after a while to cap off this thread until I get home and start dressing my first mannequin.

A great group and so good he is still living. Well done.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

This entire thread started on a boring Saturday morning with nothing to do. Went online searching through estate sales in the area. A simple tag line caught my eye. "WW2 collectibles"... You never know what you will run in to.

?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post

After talking to her this morning these will be all I am able to get.
    You Lucky SOB!!!!That is a gift from the god's in my world. To meet the 8th AF vet and then get his ribbons and AF patch but the cream my jeans,icing on the cake are HIS Gunner wings. AWESOME Cous!!!!!!!!!!

Is the button pin in the lower right side a Ruptured Duck pin?????? I couldn't zoom in to make it out with my shitty eye sight!!!

Fantastic pick ups . I must be a sentimental F@cker , But to be able to meet the vet and then be given his personal awards!!! Sorry I'm tearing up a bit!!!! FANTASTIC Cous

Semper Fi
    Phil

Indeed it is a ruptured duck pin, Phil.

These are the items that I will put back on his ike jacket that I already purchased. Very kind of her to give them to me. It boiled down to being the only guy running through the estate sale picking only the militaria then being the weirdo talking with her dad and taking photos with him. I'm pretty sure the other people who were buying blenders, pots and pans etc, thought I was very strange.

?

I know its not about your stuff but here is a little tid bit of secret service history, My Father was a Marine at 8th and I security detail for the white house during the Eisenhower administration.
    He told me you could tell who the secret service agents were in the crowds by them wearing their Ruptured Duck.

Jackpot on this pick up Cous

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast