Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Named Colonels battledress blouse for £10

Article about: Evening Gents ! After just about making it through 5 hours worth of Maths revision I thought I'd treat myself to a quick trawl though some battledress on eBay. And as soon as the search resu

Default Named Colonels battledress blouse for £10

Evening Gents !
    After just about making it through 5 hours worth of Maths revision I thought I'd treat myself to a quick trawl though some battledress on eBay. And as soon as the search results loaded up I noticed this. At first I thought it was a 47 pattern BD, but then after looking closer I thought it looked closer to the type that warn by people of higher rank. As I doesn't have the button hole on the lapel. It only had half an hour and no bids, so I quickly checked I had any money and managed to find £20, so I put it in as my high bid, and got it for £10, so I'm already happy with it as I didn't pay a lot for it. The description the seller provided said the following
    'Unusual (probably) British army battle dress tunic. Issued and used, with a Colonel's name and number on inside label...'
    So it should be interesting, I can see that some insignia has been removed on the epaulets. And although the picture isn't great it looks to be in pretty good nick. But ironically due to the username, I don't know an wakeful lot about this type of battledress blouse. So if anybody could tell me anything I would appreciate it, also as far as I'm aware these weren't used for long after WW2, so I suppose if anybody can tell the date that would be great

Thanks Stan

Sorry the picture didn't upload for some reason
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named Colonels battledress blouse for £10  

really need to see more than just this one picture to say much about it. Can you post the ebay link?

It looks promising and is probably a tailored officers version, but hard to say the date etc...though it does stand a chance of being a WWII example.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for the link.

The buttons look as if they might be the wartime type, so hopefully you got yourself a bargain.
    Regards,

Jerry

Haha, after looking at the description he's said Korean War, so I'm guessing that's what's in the label inside. Probably post war. But I'm still pretty pleased because this is the first one I've come across

even if Korean war period, still a good BD blouse for that price as long as it is British made.
    Regards,

Jerry

I didn't know that other countries produced these. I know that the Dutch and Greeks used the design form our standard issue BD blouses after the war. But I wasn't aware that this type of BD dress was copied elsewhere ?

The Belgians and the french used similar designs though they look a bit more like the US Ike jacket, though it is the dutch or greek versions you don't want to buy unless very very cheap.
    Regards,

Jerry

agreed, I own a Dutch bd, and they aren't to the same quality compared to any if the British patterns I've handled. I also don't think it's a French Version because as you said they had the buttond flap at the bottom apposed to the belt and faster, as you said there more similar to the American Ike jacket.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast