Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with complete a uniform

Article about: Hello, I'm a beginner and want's to complete a U.S. chaplain field-uniform, period 1944 Belgium, with a M41 field-jacket. Would it be possible to combine this M41 field-jacket with a M43 fie

ema
    ?

Default Need help with complete a uniform

Hello,

I'm a beginner and want's to complete a U.S. chaplain field-uniform, period 1944 Belgium, with a M41 field-jacket.

Would it be possible to combine this M41 field-jacket with a M43 fieldtrousers ? And do I need shoes our boots ? How about the markings on a Jacket and do I need a m37 shirt with markings, side cap ?

Woud a Clergy Collar be appropiate ?

I'm a noob at this but want's to start this hobby.

Thank's
    Erik

?

I don't know what you already have but I hope that you realize that it is rare to come across chaplain items from any country, the US only had 8896 in service in total during ww2.

Heres some information on the insignia, in particular, the scarf might be a good point of interest.
    https://www.med-dept.com/articles/the-chaplain-corps/

ema
    ?

Thank you Gimmie,

I have a original M41 jacket already (without markings) but where do I need to place markings. For example, can I use a unit badge (1st armored division) on this jacket. Would a chaplain have a rank? and if so where to put these markings on this jacket - would a cross also come on such a jacket or only on the shirt...

?

Quote by ema View Post
    Thank you Gimmie,

I have a original M41 jacket already (without markings) but where do I need to place markings. For example, can I use a unit badge (1st armored division) on this jacket. Would a chaplain have a rank? and if so where to put these markings on this jacket - would a cross also come on such a jacket or only on the shirt...
    With a quick search on google images with the tag 'Chaplain WW2' I have already found the answer. Please do a little bit of research.

?

Please post when you complete the project.

ema
    ?

I will, thank you