Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need help figuring out if this m 1943 field is original wwii or not be for i try and buy it

Article about: thanks for the info i just have a strong belief in using the old as new to keep the history alive i also have a 1942 musette bag which i use for everything from holding my books for college

Default need help figuring out if this m 1943 field is original wwii or not be for i try and buy it

was wondering if this is original wwii or not and what would be a good price for it
    Attached Images Attached Images need help figuring out if this m 1943 field is original wwii or not be for i try and buy it  need help figuring out if this m 1943 field is original wwii or not be for i try and buy it  need help figuring out if this m 1943 field is original wwii or not be for i try and buy it  need help figuring out if this m 1943 field is original wwii or not be for i try and buy it 

?

Default Re: need help figuring out if this m 1943 field is original wwii or not be for i try and buy it

Check for the white Quarter Master's tag in the lower right hand pocket. This tag, similar to the one pictured below, will show the manufacturing date. As far as price, I've seen these going anywhere from $50 to $100 depending on condition.

need help figuring out if this m 1943 field is original wwii or not be for i try and buy it

Default Re: need help figuring out if this m 1943 field is original wwii or not be for i try and buy it

Yes these were made in wwii, If i recall correctly started production in November of 1942. Test trails were issued to units that landed at Anzio. After that they were planned to be distributed to forces prior to D-Day, however logistics didn’t work out and it didn’t make it to the ETO till late December 1944 or Early January 1945. Even then it was most likely issued to replacements or new units from the states.

In the Pacific I think they were around for Okinawa and Philippines campaign

I have one dated 1943, havnt seen 1942 one though. So this can be early production one
    -Derrick

As far as price, my 1943 one i got for $67. It up to you, if your looking to sell it, I may be interested (if 1942). $100 would be the very limit as previously stated.

alright thanks guys i dont think it has the tag anymore

i just got the jacket for $40 plus shipping ill put up some pics when i get it in to see what u guys think

i just got the jacket and found the tag but all the ink is rubbed off or just aged off

Not unusual to find on any item which has seen wear and been washed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Not unusual to find on any item which has seen wear and been washed.

Cheers, Ade.
    ya i know just wish it was still there ether way i love it and am going to wear it through out the winter just on question do u know exactly how to was these or do they have to be dry cleaned

?

Quote by ripndip View Post
    ya i know just wish it was still there ether way i love it and am going to wear it through out the winter just on question do u know exactly how to was these or do they have to be dry cleaned
    Congrats on your purchase. As a long time collector of WW II uniforms, I would personally display the jacket and not wear it. This style of jacket evolved into the M-65 and was made well into the 80's or 90's until the Woodland camoflauge pattern appeared.
    I would look for a later dated jacket for personal wear. But that's me. Here is a link to one shop that sells them: Military Field Jackets

As far as cleaning, avoid dry cleaning, the chemicals that are used could damage the material. If you need to wash it, remember it's 68 years old; wash by hand in the bath tub or large laundry sink with warm water and a mild detergent. Do not use bleach! Rinse well with cold or warm water and hang it up it the shower or tub to dry. No hot water and no clothes dryer.
    Last edited by gbalke; 11-13-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast