Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

need help figuring out if this m 1943 field is original wwii or not be for i try and buy it

Article about: thanks for the info i just have a strong belief in using the old as new to keep the history alive i also have a 1942 musette bag which i use for everything from holding my books for college

Default Re: need help figuring out if this m 1943 field is original wwii or not be for i try and buy it

thanks for the info i just have a strong belief in using the old as new to keep the history alive i also have a 1942 musette bag which i use for everything from holding my books for college or a computer bag or just for anything i need a bag for id rather get good use out of it and when i use it it gives me more opportunity to explain and give some knowledge to people about WWII to people who would never think about WWII and keep the memory of all the people who made it through and didn't make it alive kinda like living history in a small way

Quote by gbalke View Post
    Congrats on your purchase. As a long time collector of WW II uniforms, I would personally display the jacket and not wear it. This style of jacket evolved into the M-65 and was made well into the 80's or 90's until the Woodland camoflauge pattern appeared.
    I would look for a later dated jacket for personal wear. But that's me. Here is a link to one shop that sells them: Military Field Jackets

As far as cleaning, avoid dry cleaning, the chemicals that are used could damage the material. If you need to wash it, remember it's 68 years old; wash by hand in the bath tub or large laundry sink with warm water and a mild detergent. Do not use bleach! Rinse well with cold or warm water and hang it up it the shower or tub to dry. No hot water and no clothes dryer.

?

Default Re: need help figuring out if this m 1943 field is original wwii or not be for i try and buy it

Quote by ripndip View Post
    thanks for the info i just have a strong belief in using the old as new to keep the history alive i also have a 1942 musette bag which i use for everything from holding my books for college or a computer bag or just for anything i need a bag for id rather get good use out of it and when i use it it gives me more opportunity to explain and give some knowledge to people about WWII to people who would never think about WWII and keep the memory of all the people who made it through and didn't make it alive kinda like living history in a small way
    That is really a great attitude to have. I commend you for that. Enjoy your M43 and wear it proudly.

Quote by gbalke View Post
    That is really a great attitude to have. I commend you for that. Enjoy your M43 and wear it proudly.
    thanks and do and always will i figured in stead of cleaning it im just gonna air it out out side since its not dirty just has a tiny bit of that vintage clothing smell haha but should be out in a few hours

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2