Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with this royal marine service dress

Article about: Hi guys bought this 1968 royal marine service dress . the person I bought oit off said it may be lovet scotts I want to get buttons and a cap badge and the right pants . Would this coat have

Default Need help with this royal marine service dress

Hi guys bought this 1968 royal marine service dress . the person I bought oit off said it may be lovet scotts I want to get buttons and a cap badge and the right pants . Would this coat have standard royal marine buttons and cap/collar badge's ?Need help with this royal marine service dress

Hi Mathew, As the lovat uniform is an issue item, there should be a fairly large white label attached to the lining giving NATO Reference, contract detail and size/description etc. Assuming that it is an RM Lovat then the buttons and initials are in a shiney bronze like finish and I should have some in my button box so if you send me your postal details in a private message, I will see what I can dig out for you. To be honest, I am a bit doubtfull but that may be down to the quality of the photo??
    Cheers Michael R

Hi michael thanks for the reply I'm unsure that it is lovats . It was sold as Probably lovats because of the colour green grey and when put next to a lovats uniform they are the same . I can not find a tag on it anywhere but it is stamp dated in the cuff of the right sleeve 1968 see pictures I know it was military at some stage because the collar and other rank and titles have been removed . If it is not lovats what would it be then ?? thanks again for all the info and help much appreciated ...
    Need help with this royal marine service dressNeed help with this royal marine service dressNeed help with this royal marine service dressNeed help with this royal marine service dressNeed help with this royal marine service dress