Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need info on Australian uniform

Article about: Hi Aif those patches are not original they are the light horse club patches its represents the lone pine tree from Gallipoli in WW1.The unit in WW1 and WW2 was a CMF unit and had no patches

Default Re: Need info on Australian uniform

Hi Aif those patches are not original they are the light horse club patches its represents the lone pine tree from Gallipoli in WW1.The unit in WW1 and WW2 was a CMF unit and had no patches so in 1990 they decided on the lone pine tree to represent the Rockhampton Light Horse Regiment.
    Cheers Anthony Egretz

Need info on Australian uniform Here is a close up of the club patch there under the tree is the letter R represent the word Rockhampton.

AIF
    ?

Hey Anthony, Ah ok thats pretty cool, Its pretty weird that they didnt have patches, what was the name of the local Rocky unit? It would be interesting to know as Im from Rocky originally myself... I was actually born there
    Did they served O/S in ww1?

Hi AIF no the unit was a standbye the last to go if needed at all. Just look at photo it's the unit's time line and have got photo of the ww2 wash kit yet please.
    Cheers Anthony Egretz
    Need info on Australian uniform

AIF
    ?

Hi Anthony, Thanks mate thats some interesting info, and sorry mate I completely forgot about the wash roll. I will make sure I get some pics up tommorow for you

?

Going back to the original post, why is the fabric dark brown with pale stitching? POW? Hospital? Maybe that uniform should not have the suggested badges?

Cheers,
    Oz

?

The brown fabric and pale stitching is very strange. I have never seen anything quite like it. The stitching in places looks a bit sloppy, untrimmed and unfinished to the standard I have seen in the past. Maybe is just unissued – unused item???
    Its worth further discussion in my opinion.

Quote by Ubique View Post
    Going back to the original post, why is the fabric dark brown with pale stitching? POW? Hospital? Maybe that uniform should not have the suggested badges?

Cheers,
    Oz
    G'day Oz

The only thing that strikes me as odd is the circular stamp, the colour is fine POW tunics where dyed red purple etc. Dye lots for tunics varied greatly. here's a quick shot archive of a couple of mine (my camera is being repaired hopefully at the mo) I have lots of these
    Last edited by reneblacky; 08-03-2013 at 07:22 AM. Reason: added pic

?

Hi Renelacky,
    I understand what you are saying about the variation in dyes. But in the pics the uniform looks really dark brown.
    I also cant ever recall seeing stitching that light in colour being used on a woolen tunic or pants.
    Most of the dyed tunics I have seen of a different colours (other then olive green) were dyed after the construction of the tunic.
    So this one stands out as a little different.

Quote by BUNA View Post
    Hi Renelacky,
    I understand what you are saying about the variation in dyes. But in the pics the uniform looks really dark brown.
    I also cant ever recall seeing stitching that light in colour being used on a woolen tunic or pants.
    Most of the dyed tunics I have seen of a different colours (other then olive green) were dyed after the construction of the tunic.
    So this one stands out as a little different.
    The outer looks weathered? Thread is another dye lot issue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2