Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NEED INFO on Flying Tigers Jacket

Article about: My grandfather has had this in his possession for roughly 15 years said he bought it off a guys back for 500.00 Please let me know any info you can tell me on it. If it is legit history of t

antiquegurukid
    ?

Default NEED INFO on Flying Tigers Jacket

My grandfather has had this in his possession for roughly 15 years said he bought it off a guys back for 500.00

Please let me know any info you can tell me on it. If it is legit history of the guy etc. I do think it is legit cause I have another jacket he wore although its in the basement and dont have access to it at the moment.

NEED INFO on Flying Tigers JacketNEED INFO on Flying Tigers JacketNEED INFO on Flying Tigers JacketNEED INFO on Flying Tigers JacketNEED INFO on Flying Tigers JacketNEED INFO on Flying Tigers JacketNEED INFO on Flying Tigers JacketNEED INFO on Flying Tigers Jacket

It's a perfect WW II A-2 flight jacket by DuBow. It is not 'flying tigers' of the 1937-42 era but the 14th AF in China that adopted the heraldry of the AVG but mushroomed plenty of other units. The left sleeve is the 14th AF patch, the left breast is the 23rd Fighter group and the right side is the 118th Tactical Recon Squadron flying Mustangs in 1944-45. That was a fair price 20 years ago, worth about 4 times that now, two grand range plus or minus. The market for A-2's is soft but good jackets like this that are unmolested ad Id's patched etc. always sell. Back paint would add another few hundred. I like Jackets like this a lot, had few come and go over the years. Dig out your other one!

here's your man from the 1945 roster - 1st Lt Roberts Jr., Benjamin W. O-827283 Schenectady, NY

good info here 118th Tactical Reconnaissance Squadron

Great jacket.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Great jacket but not a JA Dubow this one lacks the nipple press stud male