MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Need opinions on this Airforce Uniform grouping...

Article about: What do you guys think about this airforce uniform grouping? Its all from the same local owner, but I don't yet have the history on it. I'm hoping you guys can help me with A) whether or not

?

Default Need opinions on this Airforce Uniform grouping...

What do you guys think about this airforce uniform grouping? Its all from the same local owner, but I don't yet have the history on it. I'm hoping you guys can help me with A) whether or not its all period, and B) if you can tell what rank, etc this gentleman was during the way. I'm not real familiar with US uniform items.

FYI - the separate cap is black, the owner is calling it a dress cap. I've never seen one in black. Is this correct?

Thanks!
    Dzyner

Need opinions on this Airforce Uniform grouping...Need opinions on this Airforce Uniform grouping...Need opinions on this Airforce Uniform grouping...Need opinions on this Airforce Uniform grouping...Need opinions on this Airforce Uniform grouping...

Default Re: Need opinions on this Airforce Uniform grouping...

The blue uniform is being use today and has the rank of major not ww2.
    the leather jacket looks like a jacket they sale in the store today also has repo. but would need better pictures.

The label in the A2 jacket will tell if it is an original or not. Could you get a
    close-up of it ? - It looks to have some age, and I like it so far...........!

I would think that an Air Force Major who was 'in' post war as well as
    WWII would have accumulated many more service medals than this.
    Where is the National Defence Service Medal ?

This could be a 'made-up' set.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I like the look of the leather jacket as well. From the photo it looks right. I would like to see a photo of the lable as well to be sure. It also has 1st Lt. insignia painted on the shoulders. The USAF started wearing the blue uniform a couple of years after WW2. The black hat is for the Mess Dress uniform. I agree that there should be more ribbons with that uniform, especially since it has command pilot wings with it.

Josey