Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New Purchases to Share

Article about: I'm always seeing on here the nice purchases that forum members make at flea markets, etc. and I've been left out until now. With the nice weather upon us there is a local flea market every

Default Re: New Purchases to Share

As a technician, would engineer brass be correct? There appears to be only a single hole on the collars. Would screwback be correct?

Perhaps. I'm no authority on US uniforms. As I understand it, technical grades were for individuals who had a particular skill, such as mechanics etc. I'm sure others here can clarify this for ya.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Perhaps. I'm no authority on US uniforms. As I understand it, technical grades were for individuals who had a particular skill, such as mechanics etc. I'm sure others here can clarify this for ya.
    Thank you! That was my interpretation of the Technical designation as well. A way to reward skilled soldiers without diluting down the ranks of NCOs.

I'm just not sure what variety of collar brass would be appropriate. Hopefully someone else can shed some more light for us.

Hello All- I just wanted to post an update of a new purchase I made today from the same flea market the others came from. Next month the wife and I close on a house and I get and office that will become a war room. I'm looking forward to setting that up and displaying these items appropriately!

This is a nice officer's tunic, shirt, tie and pants that came from the same vet and named, P.W. Bunnell. I'll need to do some research on him. Unfortunately the dealer said the flight wings were there but someone walked off with them. Too bad for the dealer and myself. I'll have to find one to add.

The QM Tag is dated December 1942 and there is also a "Union Made" tag in the pocket with the QM Tag.

Everything appears to be in decent shape with a couple of moth nips present (not too bad) and a rip in the inside of the tunic near the entrance to the sleeve.

New Purchases to ShareNew Purchases to ShareNew Purchases to ShareNew Purchases to ShareNew Purchases to ShareNew Purchases to ShareNew Purchases to Share

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2