Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New Zealand BD's WW2

Article about: G'day all, Here's two pattern variations of NZ BD's that are deep in the junk pile (these are not junk by the way) I haven't played with these for years!! Pictures are from my photo archive.

Anderson the prickle factor in wool is more often than not determined by the breed of sheep from which it was removed.
    An example being the Merino which usually is softer with the least prickle factor, however even within this breed there are variances.
    Scouring and carding the wool usually removed any vegetable matter. If not it was put to other use other than clothing.

must say on the wool qualities from my collection, Canada wins by far! then Aust then NZ & lastly GB! sorry (itchiness gauge)

At the risk of turning this into an Agricultural Thread, Rene, Australia mainly farms Merino sheep, so according to the previous poster that may be the key factor here. I don't think they farm merinos in Britain (too wet) and in NZ only on South Island high country (semi arid). How did we get this far off track?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    At the risk of turning this into an Agricultural Thread, Rene, Australia mainly farms Merino sheep, so according to the previous poster that may be the key factor here. I don't think they farm merinos in Britain (too wet) and in NZ only on South Island high country (semi arid). How did we get this far off track?
    Canada wins outright still!

Haha, definitely not junk! Very cool stuff! I have yet to add any NZ gear to my collection. Many thanks for sharing René.

Quote by christek View Post
    Haha, definitely not junk! Very cool stuff! I have yet to add any NZ gear to my collection. Many thanks for sharing René.
    Most welcome Chris,
    I'd kill to have a bit of head gear to have some sort of completion but... Wifey!!!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Most welcome Chris,
    I'd kill to have a bit of head gear to have some sort of completion but... Wifey!!!
    I have a wartime Lemon Squeezer but sadly missing its pug band, which is proving hard to get for it, maybe one day I'll find one for it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Zealand BD's WW2   New Zealand BD's WW2  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2