Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Newest Raaf Uniform for the collection.

Article about: luke i think im having trouble emailing you i cant see sent emails i have sent have you got anything from me?

Default Newest Raaf Uniform for the collection.

Newest Raaf Uniform for the collection.
    Got a very cheap Tunic plus Pants and in the pocket was bonus "stripes".
    Don't think the tunic has been worn as it has a Laundry tag ?
    Both items have mothing but i'm not phased.

Have decided to try to collect RAAF made in Victoria so if anyone is looking to trade swap sell please contact me.

Sorry guys i am quite good with computers but cant put pictures in the right order.?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Newest Raaf Uniform for the collection.   Newest Raaf Uniform for the collection.  

Newest Raaf Uniform for the collection.   Newest Raaf Uniform for the collection.  

Newest Raaf Uniform for the collection.   Newest Raaf Uniform for the collection.  

AIF
    ?

Default Re: Newest Raaf Uniform for the collection.

Nice one mate, Are you going to put the patches on it and do it up?

Im too afraid to even wash em mate also missing a lot of insignia and id want to do it properly.
    I am looking for a Flight Sergeant Air Gunner Tunic Late War 44 or 45 with Pacific Star preferably Victorian Factory.

AIF
    ?

Quote by michael77 View Post
    Im too afraid to even wash em mate also missing a lot of insignia and id want to do it properly.
    I am looking for a Flight Sergeant Air Gunner Tunic Late War 44 or 45 with Pacific Star preferably Victorian Factory.
    Hahaha... Not asking for much are you

I wash and clean most of my uniforms, I only just washed a new addition to the collection not so long ago and It came out great, I wash all my Army tunics by hand with eucalyptus wool mix, does them a lot more good than harm, not many people know this but they used to actually wash their clothing and uniforms in WW2 ...I know hard to believe right? haha

Luke.

I Know i am easy to please .
    I would like to somehow track down my grandfathers uniforms my Mother gave away in the eighties ...
    :0)
    I will try the Wool Mix on a rough jacket next holiday

AIF
    ?

Good luck... Ive been trying to find my great-grandfathers brothers ww1 medals for 10 years now, he had no children so when he died in the late 1960s his footlocker which (according to my nan) was his prized possesion and the only thing he ever held on to was still full with his uniforms medals and everything else from the war was thrown out as no one wanted it

I do hope one day they will turn up for sale...

have u tried the return medals website dont have the address but they buy cheaps medals an reunite them with family you never know

AIF
    ?

Yeah Im mates with Gary the guy that runs it Ive given him the details... no luck yet though, maybe one day but there is always the possibility that they could have just become landfill and never be seen again.

send us his details i check out a lot of 2nd hand shops

AIF
    ?

Horace Frederick Samuel Cornwell 30241 4 FAB (4th Field Artillery Brigade) AIF.
    Thats him pictured below pic taken in Belgium 1918.

Id love to get hold of their cousins medals too but aparently the Imperial War Museum doesnt like parting with stuff out of their collection especially Victoria Crosses
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Newest Raaf Uniform for the collection.  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast