Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Officers Uniforms RCA

Article about: Here you are Chris not quite a twin but the construction is very similar. I do notice the grommets on yours are as well set more to the back as are mine but your liner has been sewn in in ci

?

Here you are Chris not quite a twin but the construction is very similar.
    I do notice the grommets on yours are as well set more to the back as are mine but your liner has been sewn in in circular motions and on my example they followed a triangular pattern with the stitching I do rather like it though is there a support (stiffener) attached and sewn in between the liner and the outer wool were the cap badge attaches or has it been reinforced in anyway ?
    In 1943, the Field Service Cap was officially replaced with the khaki beret, similar in color to the green-brown khaki wool material used in the construction of Battle Dress uniforms by 1951, following the announcement of Adjutant General Instruction 507/1951 dated 24 Oct 51. Stating that the khaki beret was to be abolished changed all that.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officers Uniforms RCA   Officers Uniforms RCA  

Attached Images Attached Images Officers Uniforms RCA  Officers Uniforms RCA 

CBH
    ?

Yes Mark very similar , the badge stiffener on mine is square and over the liner . My lining is a silk type material and the grommets are very similar on the inside , if the sun is out tomorrow I'll take a few more shots . I believe I can get the buttons for the summer tunic also . Thanks for the replies .
    Cheers Chris

CBH
    ?

Here are a couple new photos of the Beret , no sign of any other badge used .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officers Uniforms RCA   Officers Uniforms RCA  

Officers Uniforms RCA   Officers Uniforms RCA  

Very nice. Private purchase items can be very hard to date, but if you can date any of his uniforms there is a good chance all are the same date.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

CBH
    ?

No dates on any of the uniforms . From photos I believe he served from pre war into the early 50's .
    Cheers

The batch is all post war, cut ,material and the decorations on his SD tunic - the CD was instituted in 1951 and was for 12 years continuous service, with bars being eligible for each 12 years served. The blue patrol dress was resurrected post war also, the insignia is pre '53 monarch change, so probably form this era. Nice group.

CBH
    ?

From the details on the Blue dress coat and pants (pin in collar) etc , I think it's prewar . I will take more photos weather permitting , of some inside details .
    Cheers

CBH
    ?

Here are a few new shots of the inside of the SD tunic and dress Blues

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2