Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on e-bay WW2 camo trousers.

Article about: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/foru...le-camo-pants/ They look to be army rather than marine issue, army issue having plastic buttons and waistband buttons for braces i gather. the marine i

Default Opinions on e-bay WW2 camo trousers.

Hi guys,

these camo pants are currently on e-bay at 99p but with a reserve price. The seller has listed them as WW2 US Army but I'd like your opinions on what they are and what they might fetch. WW2 or later, or even washed-out repro?

Opinions on e-bay WW2 camo trousers.Opinions on e-bay WW2 camo trousers.Opinions on e-bay WW2 camo trousers.Opinions on e-bay WW2 camo trousers.

Cheers,

Ian.

?

Default Re: Opinions on e-bay WW2 camo trousers.

Suggestion Ian, ping the seller an email and ask for photo's of any labels in them. Also, wait and see if any of the guys with more knowledge of these chip in with their 2pennorth. Sorry I cant be of any more help.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Should they have the eagle globe and anchor stamped on them somewhere? i thought these were marine issue only!..

Please ignore the above. camo was used by army and marines. Engage brain before typing!!

Hello Ian,

seller describes label as washed-out but I've messaged him for a photo - just waiting on that. I'll post it up if he replies,

cheers,

Ian.

Hi Gunny,

from what I know they were issued to the army too in ETO but were withdrawn due to friendly fire. Allied troops getting mistaken for Germans in camouflage. Here's a pic taken in Normandy I believe.

Cheers,

Ian.

Quote by canti44 View Post
    Hi Gunny,

from what I know they were issued to the army too in ETO but were withdrawn due to friendly fire. Allied troops getting mistaken for Germans in camouflage. Here's a pic taken in Normandy I believe.

Cheers,

Ian.
    Yup, i've just read that too, poor buggers mistaken for Waffen ss!....

?

I have seen a pair of these pants and heard the same story too, and that they were used in the normandy landings as well. Apparently according to the seller they are quite rare, but I cant confirm that.

all the best,
    Stefan

The seller has responded but says the label is too washed-out to read and that he is away from the trousers in question and so unable to take a picture. With so much repro stuff about it's hard to tell. Anyone else have an idea?

Perhaps you can ask him more picture of the cloth : If it is original he make pictures, if not, he says you no, and you don't buy! Sorry for my poor English....

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Perhaps you can ask him more picture of the cloth : If it is original he make pictures, if not, he says you no, and you don't buy! Sorry for my poor English....
    I agree. I find that a genuine seller of original items will bend over backwards to help if he thinks a sale will result.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast