Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original or Repro P41 HBT USMC jacket?

Article about: Hi guys, Could anyone help me figure out if this is a true original or a repro? It appears to be named to A. J. Bowless and has the S/SGT chevrons on the sleeve. There doesn't seem to be any

Default Question! Original or Repro P41 HBT USMC jacket?

Hi guys,

Could anyone help me figure out if this is a true original or a repro?

It appears to be named to A. J. Bowless and has the S/SGT chevrons on the sleeve.

There doesn't seem to be any markings inside or makers marks anywhere.

Cheers,

Ollie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original or Repro P41 HBT USMC jacket?   Original or Repro P41 HBT USMC jacket?  

Original or Repro P41 HBT USMC jacket?   Original or Repro P41 HBT USMC jacket?  

Last edited by olliecw; 07-01-2014 at 04:06 PM.

G'day Ollie,

Internal stamps quite often fade away on these fatigues. The shirt looks ok to me although these are reproduced quite well.

The EGA appears quite bright compared to examples I have seen.

Cheers!

Hi Chris,

Yes the EGA is the thing that's putting me off a bit, the shirt is for sale for about £51 from a collector, not sure if its worth a punt?

I forgot to mention there looks to be period repairs on the sleeve, however, I have read on another forum that names were only stamped post war? or is this wrong?

Cheers,

Ollie

G'day Ollie,

I would have to look into the stamped names, I don't know this off the top of my head.

These HBT shirts are more common than the trousers and not too hard to find. I would say 51 pounds or about $90 seems a bit steep if there is any uncertainty at all. That just my opinion mate. Cheers.

Hi,

Try if you can find a size stamp near the inner collar. Should be # 3x or # 4x stamped.

Regards,
    Taka

?

This is just my personal experience with the USMC and EGA on the pocket. We would be given these as iron on applications to our cammies. They faded just as much as our ink stamped names on my cammies.
    My USMC and EGA's on my old cammies from the early 80's doesn't look that fresh.That one looks to be in excellent condition when compared to his name and SSgt Chevrons.
    Just my 2 centavos
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Semper Fi
    Phil

I was told once that if a name was stamped on the pocket was done post war.

Not sure if that's true??

Regards,
    Taka

Here is a good site on originals and reproductions:

P41 - P41 Utility Jacket comparison

P42 Camo - P42 Camouflage Jacket Comparision

Regards,
    Taka

?

Great site Taka-San. You can see what I was talking about the wear on the EGA and USMC.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    I was told once that if a name was stamped on the pocket was done post war.

Not sure if that's true??

Regards,
    Taka
    There is one ''original salty P41'' shown on that linked page which shows a stamped name above the EGA, but perhaps stamped post war.