Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

oRIGINAL US Uniform WW2 with Patches?

Article about: Hello Here is my US Uniform from WW2 with two patches from 9th army and Tank-triangle Is it true or Repro I hope some experts can help me best Regards Bavarian

Default oRIGINAL US Uniform WW2 with Patches?

Hello
    Here is my US Uniform from WW2 with two patches from 9th army and Tank-triangle
    Is it true or Repro
    I hope some experts can help me
    best Regards
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture oRIGINAL US Uniform WW2 with Patches?   oRIGINAL US Uniform WW2 with Patches?  

oRIGINAL US Uniform WW2 with Patches?   oRIGINAL US Uniform WW2 with Patches?  

oRIGINAL US Uniform WW2 with Patches?  

Can't help on the shirt but the Eighth Army is WWII era, and note there were thousands left in the supply chain after the war, they were still being issued to the Eighth Army during the Korean war.

Armoured Triangle is cold war period, note the Army Green border which was used when the US Army went to AG uniform 1956/57.

Phill

Have you checked the shirt for a tag or stamp?

Shirt is original US issue but to my knowledge, without a date stamp there is no way of knowing if this is WWII era or post war manufacture khaki cotton twill shirt.

I'd like to see more detail on the shirt as it has odd ball buttons on it. But it appears to be early/or pre WW2 mfg due to the vertical button hole stitch. The viewer left pocket appears to have an original button to this shirt?

?

I’m not finding anything on a W. M. Soanes in the WWII enlistment records, and I think the service number is too high anyway, so I wonder if the shirt is perhaps later - Korea, Vietnam period? - though I take Rene’s point about the vertical placket buttons...

Bob