Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

P-42 Camo Jacket.. Okinawa

Article about: Hello Gents, I have my eye on this jacket that looks really interesting to me. A real "been there" jacket. It was redyed on one side which I am told was commonly done and it has hi

?

Default P-42 Camo Jacket.. Okinawa

Hello Gents,

I have my eye on this jacket that looks really interesting to me. A real "been there" jacket. It was redyed on one side which I am told was commonly done and it has his name Jack C. Sterling stencilled on.

Jack C. Stirling saw action on Okinawa with D/2/29. The 29 marines were on sugarloaf hill on Okinawa.

I know the photos leave something to be desired but do you guys think if this is really Sterlings jacket that chances are he wore it while on Okinawa?

Thanks, Patrick

P-42 Camo Jacket.. OkinawaP-42 Camo Jacket.. OkinawaP-42 Camo Jacket.. OkinawaP-42 Camo Jacket.. OkinawaP-42 Camo Jacket.. OkinawaP-42 Camo Jacket.. OkinawaP-42 Camo Jacket.. OkinawaP-42 Camo Jacket.. OkinawaP-42 Camo Jacket.. OkinawaP-42 Camo Jacket.. Okinawa
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P-42 Camo Jacket.. Okinawa  
    Last edited by M18922; 06-02-2014 at 09:57 PM.

?

The muster roll which I believe his name is in. I was sent these but I can't zoom in to make out the names.

You get these on Ancestry.com but sadly I am not on there.

P-42 Camo Jacket.. OkinawaP-42 Camo Jacket.. Okinawa

?

It appears that there are photos for 3 different jackets Patrick.

?

Hey Steve,

I don't think so, it is reversible no?

I thought the standard camo tunic in the Marines was abandoned early in the pacific campaign somewhere (1942-mid 43)? Thus came the standard flat tunic from there on out.

P42 USMC cammo jacket was used in 1943 on Tarawa, Bougainville, and it was wisible as well in 1944 on Guam, Saipan (according to Harlan Glenm "United States Marine Corps Uniforms, Insignia and Personal Items of World War II"). In fact Tarawa was the first and last mass landing operation were P42 cammo were used. Hardly to say whether or not it was used on the Okinawa - probably, some examples could be in the field as well.