Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This thread is Pants!

Article about: Hi Guys, here are some WW2 British & Commonwealth issue underwear from my collection. All three pairs are mint and in unissued condition One pair is British made, dated 1942, while anoth

Default This thread is Pants!

Hi Guys, here are some WW2 British & Commonwealth issue underwear from my collection. All three pairs are mint and in unissued condition

One pair is British made, dated 1942, while another is Aussie issue and dated 1944. The 1943 dated pair with woven makers label are, I believe, Aussie too, being marked "size 40".

All three pairs are large sized.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture This thread is Pants!   This thread is Pants!  

This thread is Pants!   This thread is Pants!  

This thread is Pants!   This thread is Pants!  

?

Default Re: This thread is Pants!

Ade if you wrote " Calvin Klein " on the waist band they could pass as a modern pair
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Guys, here are some WW2 British & Commonwealth issue underwear from my collection. All three pairs are mint and in unissued condition

One pair is British made, dated 1942, while another is Aussie issue and dated 1944. The 1943 dated pair with woven makers label are, I believe, Aussie too, being marked "size 40".

All three pairs are large sized.

Cheers, Ade.
    G'day Ade

Photos 3 & 4 are RAAF.

The last two photos I'm not sure if they are Aussie because by '43 the manufacturers are coded, but the tag it's self does look Aussie.
    Well there is one exception to the rule that I know of MTX (Melbourne Textiles) which is a government run maker.

Well the Aussies did like breaking the rules and this may well be one that did.

René

Ade, these are very nice and uncommonly collected. But i prefer used and well seasoned items in my collection

Honestly, i do like these but wonder if you will ever post your entire collection to us? I have seen many pieces of your collection and can only think that you either have a very large collection room or that you have to stack things to the point of not knowing what you have anymore.

rgds, Ty

3mk
    ?

I agree with Ty post your whole collection already!

They are better than the green issue "passion killers" we had to wear in 70s/80s British Army

I hope things have changed !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Ty Revelo View Post
    Honestly, i do like these but wonder if you will ever post your entire collection to us? I have seen many pieces of your collection and can only think that you either have a very large collection room or that you have to stack things to the point of not knowing what you have anymore.

rgds, Ty
    Hi Ty, I do have a large collection. We have a three bedroomed house with one bedroom. I have one room for my collection while Lez has the smaller room for her's. All of it is actually catalogued and virtually all photographed too. Showing it all in one go would spoil things: think of it like a strip tease!

Cheers, Ade.

Time to get Worried, Ade is showing under pants. While talking about a strip tease! I bet there Itchy just like the trousers we had to wear in the 70s

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Ty, I do have a large collection. We have a three bedroomed house with one bedroom. I have one room for my collection while Lez has the smaller room for her's. All of it is actually catalogued and virtually all photographed too. Showing it all in one go would spoil things: think of it like a strip tease!

Cheers, Ade.
    Hello Ade,

Your collection sounds amazing! I wish I could say the same, mine would all fit in shoebox I'm working on it though

Have a great day!
    Cheers, James

Ade, i have to admit it but yes showing everything at once does spoil the broth

rgds, Ty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast