Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Paul Triquet's VC battle dress blouse?

Article about: I am kidding, of course, but here is a recent and quite interesting purchase. A Canadian BD blouse produced in 1944 and badged to a captain of the Royal 22e Régiment (Vandoos). Insignia look

Default Paul Triquet's VC battle dress blouse?

I am kidding, of course, but here is a recent and quite interesting purchase. A Canadian BD blouse produced in 1944 and badged to a captain of the Royal 22e Régiment (Vandoos). Insignia look all right to me, even if I do not know whether they are original to the BD, still are very coherent, with war production printed canvas regimental titles and 1st Division patches, and service chevrons denoting 5 years of service started before september 1940. I have added the Royal 22e Régiment shoulder lanyard, but I am not 100% this is a war time feature... what your advise?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paul Triquet's VC battle dress blouse?   Paul Triquet's VC battle dress blouse?  

Paul Triquet's VC battle dress blouse?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Paul Triquet's VC battle dress blouse?  Paul Triquet's VC battle dress blouse?  Paul Triquet's VC battle dress blouse? 

Default Re: Paul Triquet's VC battle dress blouse?

Here two pics of the "real" BD blouse of captain Paul Triquet, VC: odd as it sounds, he's wearing not a Canadian blouse, but a War Aid U.S. made battle dress tunic!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paul Triquet's VC battle dress blouse?   Paul Triquet's VC battle dress blouse?  

It's a really nice BD Blouse, but i agree, hard to make a call on the insignia... even harder without seeing it in person. Pips and service chevrons are definitely right, not sure of the sleeve badges.

The Triquet pictures are interesting. War Aid BD seems to have been mostly issued in the Italian theatre. I have a KD 'bush jacket' which belonged to a Royal Canadian Artillery officer, which is US War Aid, also from that theatre of operation.

Rob

Hello Rob, I'm pretty sure about the authenticity of the sleeve insignia, it is quite hard though to say whether they have always been on the BD: I must state that I have bought the BD from a seller that is reputed as an extremely honest and fair one....

Quote by Loupie1961 View Post
    Hello Rob, I'm pretty sure about the authenticity of the sleeve insignia, it is quite hard though to say whether they have always been on the BD: I must state that I have bought the BD from a seller that is reputed as an extremely honest and fair one....
    Oh yes, the insignia is real I'm sure, what I meant to say was, as you say, whether they have always been on the BD. It's probably fine, and from a very desirable regiment. I would give it a home any time

Rob