Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Postwar RAAF Battledress

Article about: Hi all, this is my postwar RAAF Battledress, there's no date inside or on it. I thought I'd post it as I haven't posted anything for a while. Sorry, photos aren't the best. Matt

Default Postwar RAAF Battledress

Hi all, this is my postwar RAAF Battledress, there's no date inside or on it and unfortunately all patches were removed. I thought I'd post it as I haven't posted anything for a while. Sorry, photos aren't the best.

Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Postwar RAAF Battledress   Postwar RAAF Battledress  

Postwar RAAF Battledress   Postwar RAAF Battledress  

Postwar RAAF Battledress   Postwar RAAF Battledress  

Postwar RAAF Battledress  
    Last edited by Steelhead10; 02-10-2017 at 08:43 PM.

Is there a chance that it's RNZAF or RCAF?

?

Here is my unissued example for comparison, if that helps.

Cheers,
    Oz.

Postwar RAAF Battledress

Postwar RAAF Battledress

Postwar RAAF Battledress

?

There were a couple of postwar variations to the RAAF BD. Early ones can be found in a coarse serge wool. Later ones in the same smooth twill as the service dress. All of mine have non-functioning wrist cuffs with the decorative, pointed cuff.

I've not seen an RAAF example in this cut before -- similar to the postwar Canadian BD cut.

Tough to tell from photos, but the color appears more blue-grey than midnight blue.

Thanks, the cuffs do function, and it seems to be in the smoother twill rather than serge wool, the pictures don't really do any justice for the colour.

Matt

?

Interesting jacket. Externally, it's very similar to the postwar Canadian army BD pattern with 3-piece construction and wide lapels.

Internals are also something of a hybrid. My wartime RAAF BD blouses all have black drill reinforcings on the interior. Same for my postwar blouses. Strange to see the purplish RAF-style drill bits on the interior.

Buttons are clearly Australian-type. Not sure if RNZAF used the same buttons?

No sign of a label or makers marks?

It did have a label but it appears to have been cut out at some point.
    I can take better pictures if required.

Matt

Not a very good picture, it was taken with the flash on, but the uniform is shown next to a British P47 R.A.F. battledress.

Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Postwar RAAF Battledress