Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question about a wwii m 1943 field jacket

Article about: i just got a m 1943 field jacket and found this sewn inside the right arm cuff was wondering y it was there and what exactly it was there for

Default Question about a wwii m 1943 field jacket

i just got a m 1943 field jacket and found this sewn inside the right arm cuff was wondering y it was there and what exactly it was there for
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question about a wwii m 1943 field jacket  

Default Re: Question about a wwii m 1943 field jacket

It has been put there to help stop the cuff from fraying from wear.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It has been put there to help stop the cuff from fraying from wear.

Cheers, Ade.
    thanks is there a reason y its only on one side

Most likely because that part would be rubbing against the skin the most. I have done a similar trick with my Mil-Tec M65 jacket because the cuff is really awful feeling on bare skin because it is made out of 65% polyester.

Quote by Poromies View Post
    Most likely because that part would be rubbing against the skin the most. I have done a similar trick with my Mil-Tec M65 jacket because the cuff is really awful feeling on bare skin because it is made out of 65% polyester.
    thanks but i meant is there a reason that it is only on the right cuff and not the left one

I should have been clearer: this is a repair.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I should have been clearer: this is a repair.

Cheers, Ade.

ooo haha i see i was thinking maybe it had to do with a roll a person had that just might have worn out that spot faster so they put thos in before that happend

?

It is simple.
    The guy was in the US Navy.
    The mans rate was bater first class. When he was promoted for doing such an execellent job and a master at his trade he was promoted to Chief Master bater. There fore the cuff repair on the right sleeve. He was dedicated to his job.

?

Steve you have to much time on your hand

Quote by SteveR View Post
    It is simple.
    The guy was in the US Navy.
    The mans rate was bater first class. When he was promoted for doing such an execellent job and a master at his trade he was promoted to Chief Master bater. There fore the cuff repair on the right sleeve. He was dedicated to his job.

haha