Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question British B.E.F. 1939/40 regiment buttons on Uniforms

Article about: Hello I'm looking for a long time informations about British B.E.F. 1939/40 Uniforms . Exactly about regiment buttons on uniforms . I know before battle-dress P-37 the soldiers own dress wit

Default Question British B.E.F. 1939/40 regiment buttons on Uniforms

Hello

I'm looking for a long time informations about British B.E.F. 1939/40 Uniforms .

Exactly about regiment buttons on uniforms .

I know before battle-dress P-37 the soldiers own dress with brass regiment buttons . Bud which name/pattern has the uniform ? .

I try find out on which uniform was carried the buttons . Is was only officers or all men ?

Have her collection of this buttons from B.E.F. in France .

best regards
    Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question British B.E.F. 1939/40 regiment buttons on Uniforms  

There are some books here that might help - the answers in a nutshell is 'it depends' some had regimental buttons, some didn't - but for the most part officers and men of the BEF wore battledress in the fall of France campaign - so your collection would invariably be small, service dress was where these regimental buttons were worn, and in 1940 that would be in the UK for the most part. simple dish buttons for BD would be the norm.
    Uniform Button Reference Books - www.kellybadge.co.uk

Books about buttons - Uniform buttons

I have her the book , "Buttons of the British Army 1855-1970" , and have allready find out the regiments .

her pictures of "British soldiers go to the front 1939" , it must be the Uniform with brass Buttons .

It can be the P-1922 Uniform like her ?

1922 modified Service Dress jacket , Hampshire Regt

regards Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question British B.E.F. 1939/40 regiment buttons on Uniforms  

Many soldiers of the BEF would have taken the 1922 pattern uniform to France with them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default British Firmin, London brass buttons, unknown unit

Well, not to hijack this thread, but I have a similar question about His Majesty's buttons. These two buttons were obtained in a collection of Palestine and early Israeli material. I am assuming they have something to do with Palestine, and they even have a 'P' and either a "J" "C" "D," or an "H" "D." One is for a great coat, and the other for a not-so-great coat.Question British B.E.F. 1939/40 regiment buttons on UniformsQuestion British B.E.F. 1939/40 regiment buttons on UniformsQuestion British B.E.F. 1939/40 regiment buttons on UniformsQuestion British B.E.F. 1939/40 regiment buttons on Uniforms

I looked and looked for corresponding units, in terms of the significant initialism - nothing... .

I was looking in my british military buttons book , bud not found this button ! .