Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Questions about these Wool Coats US Army?

Article about: More Coat A . . .

Default Re: Questions about these Wool Coats US Army?

More Coat A . . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questions about these Wool Coats US Army?   Questions about these Wool Coats US Army?  

Questions about these Wool Coats US Army?   Questions about these Wool Coats US Army?  

Now, here is Coat B. Coat B is size 38 short and measures 37" long from the top of the neck to the bottom of the coat (measuring the back). This coat is actually my size and when I put it on it fits me more like a Navy Pea Coat. I would not find it hard to believe if you told me it was shortened. It also has different buttons and no shoulder bars/tabs. It also has nothing to adjust it in the back of the coat as shown.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questions about these Wool Coats US Army?   Questions about these Wool Coats US Army?  

Questions about these Wool Coats US Army?   Questions about these Wool Coats US Army?  

More Coat B.
    I am confused by the differences in the coats and would welcome any help/info.
    I tend to believe that Coat A is in original condition issued to a small short soldier. Coat B I have no idea.

Questions about these Wool Coats US Army?  

?

Anton the first coat looks fine. The problem is these coats do not go for very much. The second looks like it has been turned into a civilian coat. Does it look like it ever had shoulder straps if it didn't it might have been an officers jacket that has been converted into a civilian jacket after the war

Thanks for the reply. I did not pay very much for either of these coats.
    The short one does not look like it ever had shoulder straps or straps in the back.
    How would it be converted? Do you mean by changing the buttons to regular buttons? Or do you think it was shortened? It really doesnt look like it was shortened because the bottom looks factory to me, but what do I know.
    The reason I ask is that I want to know if I can replace the buttons and put it back to factory type condition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2