Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

RAAF Officers Khaki Jacket

Article about: Here's one of a few I have. MTX (Melboune Textiles) This one has a more uncommon tag as most are undated

Default RAAF Officers Khaki Jacket

Here's one of a few I have. MTX (Melboune Textiles)
    This one has a more uncommon tag as most are undated

Default Re: RAAF Officers Khaki Jacket

Again I want your Hat, heheh

AIF
    ?

Cool Jacket Rene, Like you say its very uncommon to find a dated product made by Melbourne Textiles (MTX) I would say since this is dated It would be an off the shelf issue item opposed to being a tailored Jacket which most of their products were although I do have some issue items which are also undated. I guess they could get away with it being the official government clothing factory, They didnt even have to addopt the late 1942 system of codes

Quote by AIF View Post
    Cool Jacket Rene, Like you say its very uncommon to find a dated product made by Melbourne Textiles (MTX) I would say since this is dated It would be an off the shelf issue item opposed to being a tailored Jacket which most of their products were although I do have some issue items which are also undated. I guess they could get away with it being the official government clothing factory, They didnt even have to addopt the late 1942 system of codes
    Question for you - I believe that there was a publication on these codes, have you heard of it?

just a little jealous

AIF
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Question for you - I believe that there was a publication on these codes, have you heard of it?
    No but Id love to get hold of it If there was!!
    From memory MTX was H.E Barry of Brunswick in Melboure... either that or he was one of the subcontractors for the factory.

Quote by AIF View Post
    From memory MTX was H.E Barry of Brunswick in Melboure... either that or he was one of the subcontractors for the factory.
    i found old info on Ebay regarding MTX

Made by ADI - "Australian Defence Industries" formerly MTX "Melbourne Textiles" during the 40'-early 60's. (Thanks, Rene!)

another rene or is this u mate ?

Quote by michael77 View Post
    i found old info on Ebay regarding MTX

Made by ADI - "Australian Defence Industries" formerly MTX "Melbourne Textiles" during the 40'-early 60's. (Thanks, Rene!)

another rene or is this u mate ?
    Yep it's me Buddy
    And I know MTX as ACGF (going by memory) also

Quote by AIF View Post
    I always thought they where right near Victoria Barracks Sth Melb