Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAF Flight BD Blouse

Article about: Hello, I would like some other opinions please on this RAF BD Blouse. It looks like a correct original WW2 period blouse. Does it look like an original WW2 period blouse to you? Annoyed from

Default RAF Flight BD Blouse

Hello,
    I would like some other opinions please on this RAF BD Blouse. It looks like a correct original WW2 period blouse. Does it look like an original WW2 period blouse to you?
    Thank you for your time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF Flight BD Blouse   RAF Flight BD Blouse  

RAF Flight BD Blouse  

The blouse itself looks fine. A detailed pic of the wing would be needed just to make sure on that aspect.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I saw this auction at e-bay!The battle dress blouse looks fine!The label is a bit strange IMO...it hasn't the WD's arrow!

Thank you gentleman. Can some one tell me what the numbers on the inside of the jacket signify?

The label is fake. Sorry I forgot to add that.......

The L letter on the inspection stamp would indicate 1946 production.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

L could also be 1953. I would pass unless cheap as it has been pimped with the fake label and though impossible to tell on the wings from the cr#ppy pics but the I would assume them to be fake.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

True Jerry. But the introduction of the 1949 pattern blouse would preclude this in this particular case.

I would only buy this to strip, if it was cheap.

Cheers, Ade.

Did the RAF introduce the 49 pattern? I'm not really up on RAF items mate. Did they also use the 46 and 47 patterns as well or just go straight to 49 pattern?
    Regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry, there was no '46 pattern. In 1947 the RAF went to a blouse similar to the Army's 1947 pattern with "shirt style collar". These are seldom seen today.

In '49 they went to the stepped open collar like the Army. But other details were different. But by 1952 there were moves to standardise the design between the Services.

Cheers, Ade.

Ade, there was a 46 pattern for the army. Similar to the Canadian BD blouse with a strip of fabric and button under the collar to close it. The one I have sadly has the officers open collar conversion on it, but the label still has the nomenclature on it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF Flight BD Blouse  
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast