Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

RAF Khaki Navigators Jacket

Article about: Hi guys Can anyone shed any light on this RAF Khaki Navigators jacket. Does it conform to a particular pattern? Im trying to date it more accurately. Thank you All the best Rob

Default RAF Khaki Navigators Jacket

Hi guys

Can anyone shed any light on this RAF Khaki Navigators jacket. Does it conform to a particular pattern? Im trying to date it more accurately.

Thank you

All the best
    Rob

I'm not an expert in these, but I do have a WW2 NZ Army Warrant officers Khaki Drill four pocket jacket, which is basically the same as the jacket you show with the exception of the collar being button up to the chin, rather than the officer's open lapel style of your one. The British and Commonwealth armed forces used this style of jacket for a very long time. About 50 years from the Boer war through to early 1950's. The officer's open lapel type dates from 1918 and was used through WW2. That makes dating your one quite difficult assuming it has no maker stamps or dates. Your jacket has all the style features of the 1918 pattern, but could have been made post ww2 but pre-1950.

Does it have any stamps at all inside it? (I assume it’s missing it’s manufacturers label). If you can find its date stamp letter then you should be able to date it from here:
    WWII British broad arrow letter codes and their meaning