Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

RAF Other Ranks issue shirts

Article about: Hi Guys, these are now harder to find items. Like many WW2 uniforms, these just got used up to destruction with post war civvy use. As I had these out for inspection, I though that I would t

Default RAF Other Ranks issue shirts

Hi Guys, these are now harder to find items. Like many WW2 uniforms, these just got used up to destruction with post war civvy use. As I had these out for inspection, I though that I would take some pics and upload them here.

As you can see, the shirts are a pull over style with a separate collar which was held in place with collar studs. The shirts themselves have a "salt and pepper" two tone weave. Note the Air Ministry marks of the crown and "AM" to the neck. Also note the huge difference to the colours of the collars. Some of these were private purchase. Many have been used by multiple owners with a variety of names and serial numbers inked onto them. By having a separate collar, this could be changed each day to save washing the complete shirt.

The following two shirts along with six collars were used by my friends Dad in WW2. He was actually part of a mobile cinema unit. Paul very kindly gave me them

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF Other Ranks issue shirts   RAF Other Ranks issue shirts  

RAF Other Ranks issue shirts   RAF Other Ranks issue shirts  

RAF Other Ranks issue shirts   RAF Other Ranks issue shirts