Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAF War Service Dress BD blouse: whats this worth

Article about: The post war items are collectable but worth much less than the wartime dated blouse. Given the rank is the same on the service dress and the BD's, I suspect these all belonged to one man? C

Default RAF War Service Dress BD blouse: whats this worth

like the title says i was hoping someone could tell me what this is worth thank you

also on the back of the tag it says either

370lac or 3yolac
    hunter in pencil

RAF War Service Dress BD blouse: whats this worthRAF War Service Dress BD blouse: whats this worthRAF War Service Dress BD blouse: whats this worthRAF War Service Dress BD blouse: whats this worth

Default Re: RAF War Service Dress BD blouse: whats this worth

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Around £75 and a bit more for the insignia.

"LAC" is the rank and would stand for "Leading Aircraft Man".

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

thank you for the reply that is great news about how much its worth
    i have four different jackets here is another one could you tell me how much this one is worth thank you

unlike the other one this one is not in as good condition would it damage the value if i had it dry cleaned

also the tag with the size and other information is unreadable

RAF War Service Dress BD blouse: whats this worthRAF War Service Dress BD blouse: whats this worthRAF War Service Dress BD blouse: whats this worthRAF War Service Dress BD blouse: whats this worthRAF War Service Dress BD blouse: whats this worth

RAF Other Airmans Greatcoat. Value, not sure, but at least £25 to £30. Maybe more. You need to do a search for yourself.

If you are planning on selling these, do not have them cleaned.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

ok condition

RAF War Service Dress BD blouse: whats this worthRAF War Service Dress BD blouse: whats this worthRAF War Service Dress BD blouse: whats this worthRAF War Service Dress BD blouse: whats this worth

"Jacket, Other Airman", this is the standard service dress jacket worn by the RAF.

Cheers, Ade.

to me the condition of this one looks terrible however unlike the other jackets this one has gold badges instead of blue

RAF War Service Dress BD blouse: whats this worthRAF War Service Dress BD blouse: whats this worthRAF War Service Dress BD blouse: whats this worth

This is the post war version of the BD. As per the label "War Service Dress, New Pattern". You will see this has a different style of collar etc.

What is the date on the label?

the date is 1949

also the date on the first one is 1943 and the third one is 1951

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast