Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Rare British Women's MTC Battledress blouse

Article about: Hello everybody! I am reviving this old thread because I really do hope that thanks to the knowledge of Larissa and other collectors I will be able to solve a mistery. Here attached are two

Default Re: Rare British Women's MTC Battledress blouse

Hello everybody! I am reviving this old thread because I really do hope that thanks to the knowledge of Larissa and other collectors I will be able to solve a mistery. Here attached are two pics of a BD blouse that i bought several years ago. It's a BD of NZ production, ink markings almost fades, sporting the ribbons of the Africa Service Medal and Africa Star, and on the epaulettes two cloth pips. The seller was convinced the BD was badged to a Pole of the Carpathian Independent Brigade, but as a matter of fact I have never seen such cloth pips in use with the PSnZ, while I have been suggested that these pips could have been of the Mechanized Transport Corps. There is evidence of some sort of collar badges once pinned to the BD lapels, and the Africa Service Medal and Africa Star ribbons are much more consistent with service in the MTC than, I guess, in the Polish exile forces. What's your opinion, then? Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare British Women's MTC Battledress blouse   Rare British Women's MTC Battledress blouse  

Hi Loupie, nice to see you here!

"Larissa" is Lez, my wife. We have never got to the bottom of what rank insignia was worn by the MTC/MTTC.

Lez posted some of her insignia here:

Badges of the Mechanised Transport Corps

That is a very interesting BD, you can see that the insignia has been there a long time and is original to it.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Loupie, nice to see you here!

"Larissa" is Lez, my wife. We have never got to the bottom of what rank insignia was owrn by the MTC/MTTC.

Lez posted some of her insignia here:

Badges of the Mechanised Transport Corps

That is a very interesting BD, you can see that the insignia has been there a long time and is original to it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hello Ade, great to find you in charge here, too! I guess the BD truinc will remain some sorto of a mistery, though....

Hi Loupie, I think the rank stars on your BD are South African, post war?

Cheers, Lez.

Here are some pics of the second BD blouse I mentioned earlier in the thread bought from our friend.

This one is tailor made and is unmarked.

It has seen a fair amount of service wear with the odd repair here and there. I like the KD material used to repair the belt lining. Buttons are horn apart from the ones on the shoulder straps which are the usual BD type.

Cheers, Lez.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare British Women's MTC Battledress blouse   Rare British Women's MTC Battledress blouse  

Rare British Women's MTC Battledress blouse   Rare British Women's MTC Battledress blouse  

Two very nice and rarely seen (I have never seen this type before) BD's. The first example must be seriously rare.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry.

They rarely come up for sale.

Cheers, Lez.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2