Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Revolution/Civil war buttons?

Article about: Hey all. I was given some old buttons that were supposedly identified being from the Revolutionary War. Does anybody know of any literature that might help me identify them? I figured these

?

Default Revolution/Civil war buttons?

Hey all. I was given some old buttons that were supposedly identified being from the Revolutionary War. Does anybody know of any literature that might help me identify them? I figured these are difficult to identify since they're worn and most buttons do not have lots of details to go off of on them.

Here's some photos of them for example:

Revolution/Civil war buttons?Revolution/Civil war buttons?
    Revolution/Civil war buttons?Revolution/Civil war buttons?

Try to find a copy of the book "Collectors Illustrated Encyclopedia of the American Revolution" by George C. Neumann and Frank J. Kravic..

On page 56 of this book there are some pictures of Rev war buttons that look similar to yours in design. I feel confident that the buttons you posted are Indian Wars/Rev War period...

Smitty

?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Try to find a copy of the book "Collectors Illustrated Encyclopedia of the American Revolution" by George C. Neumann and Frank J. Kravic..

On page 56 of this book there are some pictures of Rev war buttons that look similar to yours in design. I feel confident that the buttons you posted are Indian Wars/Rev War period...

Smitty
    Just went online and ordered the book from my library. I'll be excited to read it when it comes!