Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Royal Berkshire Regiment Scarlet Frock

Article about: Thought I would share some pictures of my latest pick up, a Royal Berkshire Regiment scarlet frock. As a 'Royal' regiment it has dark blue facings. Unlike the tunic worn for best, the frock

Default Royal Berkshire Regiment Scarlet Frock

Thought I would share some pictures of my latest pick up, a Royal Berkshire Regiment scarlet frock. As a 'Royal' regiment it has dark blue facings. Unlike the tunic worn for best, the frock is a simpler unlined serge garment used for everyday wear. These were used up until the outbreak of WW1 and as they weren't reused as band tunics they have not survived in the same numbers as the 1913 pattern dress tunic. This one is in lovely condition with its original insignia so I am very pleased to have added it to my collection.Royal Berkshire Regiment Scarlet FrockRoyal Berkshire Regiment Scarlet FrockRoyal Berkshire Regiment Scarlet FrockRoyal Berkshire Regiment Scarlet Frock

Very very nice, lovely condition.

I have one serge frock, for a Volunteer bn of the RWF, a rare beast indeed.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks, just had a look at yours and it's equally lovely. I am amazed how affordable these are for their age and how iconic they are (especially compared to WW1 service dress). This one cost me £60 which I felt was very little for something as old and attractive.

WWI service dress are very expensive, though perhaps the difference is front line as opposed to rear area and it comes down to desirability rather than rarity. My RWF VB serge frock is a very rare example but was relatively cheap.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.