Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Royal Fusiliers SD tunic

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Hi Jerry, it is a pic size issue: over a certain size, the pic is added like that. A lovely tunic. Cheers, Ade. Thanks Ade.

Default Royal Fusiliers SD tunic

I just bought this one and it all looks good from the sellers pics. With all it's buttons and badges, which is nice and a whistle and lanyard.
    Attached Images Attached Images Royal Fusiliers SD tunic  Royal Fusiliers SD tunic  Royal Fusiliers SD tunic  Royal Fusiliers SD tunic  Royal Fusiliers SD tunic  Royal Fusiliers SD tunic  Royal Fusiliers SD tunic  Royal Fusiliers SD tunic  Royal Fusiliers SD tunic 
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: Royal Fusiliers SD tunic

Bond, that is an excellent tunic. What is that bomb with fire insignia suppose to represent, I keep seeing it everywhere.

Corey

Thanks Corey,

I assume it's an early bomb as you suggest and the Fusiliers were originally for defending Artillery units.
    Regards,

Jerry

That looks really nice!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The 'flaming bomb' is a bit of an enigma, Fusiliers used fusils (flintlock muskets) and even today the hackle worn on fulsiliers' berets represents the powder smoke from fusils (Royal Welsh Fusilers). I tend to think the flaming bomb on fusiliers badges is the same thing, smoke from fusils and not a bomb at all.

Quote by helldunkle View Post
    The 'flaming bomb' is a bit of an enigma, Fusiliers used fusils (flintlock muskets) and even today the hackle worn on fulsiliers' berets represents the powder smoke from fusils (Royal Welsh Fusilers). I tend to think the flaming bomb on fusiliers badges is the same thing, smoke from fusils and not a bomb at all.
    I think you are correct then, as I did not know it was the smoke from the Fusil, though I knew they had originally been armed with them.

It arrived today, but the weather here is poor for taking pictures.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Bond View Post
    I think you are correct then, as I did not know it was the smoke from the Fusil, though I knew they had originally been armed with them.

It arrived today, but the weather here is poor for taking pictures.
    Actually you were right in the first place Jerry. The badge is a flaming grenade, signifying the original regiment of fusiliers artillery connection. Since then the 'fusilier' name has been an honour bestowed on a regiment for some distinguished service. The hackle denotes the special headgear worn by fusiliers: the busby, nothing to do with 'fusil smoke'.

Rob

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    Actually you were right in the first place Jerry. The badge is a flaming grenade, signifying the original regiment of fusiliers artillery connection. Since then the 'fusilier' name has been an honour bestowed on a regiment for some distinguished service. The hackle denotes the special headgear worn by fusiliers: the busby, nothing to do with 'fusil smoke'.

Rob

Oh Well, I always thought they looked like a flaming bomb or grenade!

The weather improved briefly.

Some pics, though the system has done funny things with some of them, again
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Fusiliers SD tunic   Royal Fusiliers SD tunic  

Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post

Rob
    My son serves as a corporal in the 1st Batt Royal Welsh (the Royal Welsh Fusiliers). Sadly in afganistan now. It was he who proudly told me the history behind the hackle as being a representation of fusil powder smoke and also the history behind the tails worn on the back of the collar of their tunics. I rather think he knows the history of his regiment.

Hi Jerry, it is a pic size issue: over a certain size, the pic is added like that.

A lovely tunic.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast