Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Royal Indian Army Service corps Khaki Drill tunic

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Hi Jerry, it looks great. I will keep an eye out for the Indian versions of the buttons and collar dogs. I have seen them for sale in the past. Cheers, Ade. Thanks Ade, i

Default re: Royal Indian Army Service corps Khaki Drill tunic

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Jerry, it looks great. I will keep an eye out for the Indian versions of the buttons and collar dogs. I have seen them for sale in the past.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade, it would be great if I could restore it to it's former glory. I also need slip-ons for a lieutenant, though I have some for a captain, but I prefer to get it all correct, one day. I will also be keeping an eye out as well.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Looks like it once had a single pip and a shoulder title when first made.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Looks like it once had a single pip and a shoulder title when first made.

Cheers, Ade.
    That was my thoughts, though I assume he started as a 2nd LT and as you say had the shoulder titles. I have two sets of original cloth RASC pips, and also have some suitable fabric and will make a set for LT -just for display- until I can get an original set.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Bond View Post
    That was my thoughts, though I assume he started as a 2nd LT and as you say had the shoulder titles. I have two sets of original cloth RASC pips, and also have some suitable fabric and will make a set for LT -just for display- until I can get an original set.
    I think it's more likely it was made for him as a Major. Brice definitely got his majority, I found him in the London Gazette here: http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issu.../4717/page.pdf which lists him as "Acting Major".

Nice item though, you seem to be lucking out on interesting KD at the moment!

Rob

?

That is great. I really like the Indian service stuff.
    Always makes me think of the old 30s US movie "Gunga Din".

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    I think it's more likely it was made for him as a Major. Brice definitely got his majority, I found him in the London Gazette here: http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issu.../4717/page.pdf which lists him as "Acting Major".

Nice item though, you seem to be lucking out on interesting KD at the moment!

Rob
    Thanks Rob for the extra info. I had intended to search further online, including the Gazette. I will for sure have to get some majors crowns, that's two sets I need/want.
    Regards,

Jerry

Default Re: Royal Indian Army Service corps Khaki Drill tunic

The shoulder strap unit titles have arrived and have been fitted, now all I need is some majors crowns, and possibly the correct RIASC buttons and dogs, though I think that will be hard and pricey to do, though maybe one day. I'll keep an eye out for them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Indian Army Service corps Khaki Drill tunic   Royal Indian Army Service corps Khaki Drill tunic  

Regards,

Jerry

Nice addition. These wil look great.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Bond View Post
    The shoulder strap unit titles have arrived and have been fitted, now all I need is some majors crowns, and possibly the correct RIASC buttons and dogs, though I think that will be hard and pricey to do, though maybe one day. I'll keep an eye out for them.
    Perfect

Rob

Some majors crowns, in the post.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Indian Army Service corps Khaki Drill tunic   Royal Indian Army Service corps Khaki Drill tunic  

Regards,

Jerry

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast