MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Royal Indian Army Service corps Khaki Drill tunic

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Hi Jerry, it looks great. I will keep an eye out for the Indian versions of the buttons and collar dogs. I have seen them for sale in the past. Cheers, Ade. Thanks Ade, i

Default Re: Royal Indian Army Service corps Khaki Drill tunic

The seller of the crowns has managed to lose one of them, so is refunding the money but sending the single crown anyway. Nice gesture, but doh!!!
    These were not strictly the correct crowns for a KD tunic but would have done until I could source the proper type and would then have joined my loose insignia collection.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Bond View Post
    The seller of the crowns has managed to lose one of them, so is refunding the money but sending the single crown anyway. Nice gesture, but doh!!!
    These were not strictly the correct crowns for a KD tunic but would have done until I could source the proper type and would then have joined my loose insignia collection.
    He sounds great

Why are they not the correct type for KD? I wasn't aware of any particular type being prescribed for anything?

Rob

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    He sounds great

Why are they not the correct type for KD? I wasn't aware of any particular type being prescribed for anything?

Rob
    The seller seemed to think that these would have more likely have been on a best dress tunic, but I always thought, like you, that even if there were regs for these, they would have been largely ignored any way and certainly during the war, you would have used what you could get. I had thought that the red backing might indicate Infantry, though I was not sure on this. All academic now, as he has lost one any way.

The speed at posting these has been shockingly bad IMO and I only got a response, after they had ignored a phone message and an email, when I started a thread about the them on another forum.

Piss poor service.
    Regards,

Jerry

They are (or were) certainly a nice quality pair, but they are just standard officer's crown badges, suitable for anything. The quality level depended on how much the officer paid for his uniform. Badges on full dress uniforms were normally embroidered (although few wore full dress after WW1 anyway).

I think the man's knowledge on badges is comparable to his competency with mailing

The red velvet has no unit significance, the red backing was just another quality feature found an all of the better gadbes. It was copying the red velvet in the actual King's crown.

Rob

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post

I think the man's knowledge on badges is comparable to his competency with mailing

Rob
    The sad thing is Rob, he has a few other badges on the site that I was tempted to buy, but now??? Probably not. According to others, he is usually a good, reliable and honest seller with a lifetime guarantee and has just had some problems over the last month.
    Regards,

Jerry

If you want any of the crowns pictures you can have them for the cost of postage, also for interest is a RIASC slip on title, John.Royal Indian Army Service corps Khaki Drill tunic

Quote by Blackpowder44 View Post
    If you want any of the crowns pictures you can have them for the cost of postage, also for interest is a RIASC slip on title, John.Royal Indian Army Service corps Khaki Drill tunic
    That is very kind of you John. I'll certainly have a single crown from you, which ever is the closest match to those I was supposed to be buying. Where in the world are you? I'll pm you my address when my single crown arrives, if it does and if it does not I'll have a pair of you if that is OK?

Love the slip-on shoulder title, the little crown above the RIASC to match the metal titles is a nice touch.
    Regards,

Jerry

The missing crown arrived today along with another pair free of charge, so a happy ending.
    Regards,

Jerry

Or kelly badge company;
    J2S081 Royal Indian Army Service Corps - GRI 23.5mm - 1936-1947 KC Brass (GS 42-29) £4.00

Military Uniform Buttons (Older Types) For Sale

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast