Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Royal naval reserve battledress blouse

Article about: Recently bought this pattern 49 BD, seems ok, was just wondering about the medal ribbon, it appears to be the RNVR long service medal, there seems to be two versions of ribbon for this award

jwp
    ?

Default Royal naval reserve battledress blouse

Recently bought this pattern 49 BD, seems ok, was just wondering about the medal ribbon, it appears to be the RNVR long service medal, there seems to be two versions of ribbon for this award, this one with narrow stripes I thought was for officers ? the other one with wider stripes for petty officers and ratings. as there seems to be no sign of any rank insignia being on the Bd just wondered if this may have been added. would this khaki bd have been for those on shore bases ?,
    cheers, John.

Royal naval reserve battledress blouseRoyal naval reserve battledress blouseRoyal naval reserve battledress blouseRoyal naval reserve battledress blouse

jwp
    ?

just giving this a bump to see if anyone has any thoughts !

Look like the RNZNVR Decoration medal ribbon to me

jwp
    ?

thanks for that, had been my first thought but wondered with the bd made in Britain (Wales to be correct I think !) if that would fit,
    cheers,
    John.

Quote by jwp View Post
    thanks for that, had been my first thought but wondered with the bd made in Britain (Wales to be correct I think !) if that would fit,
    cheers,
    John.
    Hi John, people move around, especially in the forces so this chap may have picked up some stores from almost anywhere. As long as you are confident that all the insignia are period applied, I see no problem with this battledress. Leon.