Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Royal Navy Reserve officers uniform group

Article about: Picked this group up today, comprising tunic, trousers and his cap band with bullion badge. Pre 1953 and he was a WWII vet with a Naval long service award and 1939-45 star, Italy star, Defen

Default Royal Navy Reserve officers uniform group

Picked this group up today, comprising tunic, trousers and his cap band with bullion badge. Pre 1953 and he was a WWII vet with a Naval long service award and 1939-45 star, Italy star, Defence medal and War medal, though a pair of loops above his ribbons suggest he had something else that is missing.

Sadly his cap is missing but his cap band with officers bullion insignia is cool and maybe I can get a stripped cap for it at some stage. I have been told that the type of bullion cuff rank insignia is the post war version (introduced in 1951), so hard to say if this is his wartime tunic with upgraded rank insignia or an early post war tunic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Navy Reserve officers uniform group   Royal Navy Reserve officers uniform group  

Royal Navy Reserve officers uniform group   Royal Navy Reserve officers uniform group  

Royal Navy Reserve officers uniform group   Royal Navy Reserve officers uniform group  

Royal Navy Reserve officers uniform group  
    Last edited by Jerry B; 06-15-2013 at 05:44 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: Royal Navy Reserve officers uniform group

What an odd place to wear your ribbons?
    It almost looks like they are pinned to the shoulder
    (you can tell I am no expert on naval uniforms )

Never the less, a nice uniform

Hi, A nice looking lot and from where I am sitting, I would have said almost certainly pre 1945. have you checked inside the pockets for a manufacturer's label. They turn up all over the place as most officer's uniforms are private purchase. WWII caps (RN and MN) minus insignia do turn up on E Bay every now and then so you should find one fairly quickly. Good luck.
    Cheers Michael R

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi, A nice looking lot and from where I am sitting, I would have said almost certainly pre 1945. have you checked inside the pockets for a manufacturer's label. They turn up all over the place as most officer's uniforms are private purchase. WWII caps (RN and MN) minus insignia do turn up on E Bay every now and then so you should find one fairly quickly. Good luck.
    Cheers Michael R
    Thanks Michael. I am keeping an eye out for a cap. I have checked the pockets for labels, sadly none to be found.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.