Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Royal Sigs SD tunic

Article about: by Bond I think they changed them, as they changed the cloth titles in 44 to just Royal Signals and also I saw some dogs for sale listed as "up to 44", so I "assume" they

Default Royal Sigs SD tunic

Waiting for this to arrive, so these are the sellers pics. It was very cheap and said to be WWII period, though I think that without a dated label it's hard to be precise, but 30's or 40's is probably correct. I'll post some better pics when it arrives.
    Attached Images Attached Images Royal Sigs SD tunic  Royal Sigs SD tunic  Royal Sigs SD tunic  Royal Sigs SD tunic  Royal Sigs SD tunic 
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: Royal Sigs SD tunic

Look like a nice example actually. Looking forward to the better photos :
    To my eyes it seems to have an early long-skirted cut (so 1930s - early WW2), as the opening at the back of the skirt looks really long, but it fits so badly on that torso form, it's difficult to get an idea of it

Rob

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    Look like a nice example actually. Looking forward to the better photos :
    To my eyes it seems to have an early long-skirted cut (so 1930s - early WW2), as the opening at the back of the skirt looks really long, but it fits so badly on that torso form, it's difficult to get an idea of it

Rob
    Thanks as always for your knowledgeable posts Rob.

I await it's arrival to see what rank it is for and if it has signs of missing dogs and titles. Then begins to hunt to replace them, though signals items are fairly common and sensibly priced.
    Regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry, should be an easy restoration. I look forwards to seeing your progress.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Jerry, should be an easy restoration. I look forwards to seeing your progress.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade. It should be an easy job, as long as there are no signs of any removed cloth patches, though they are not so commonly seen on SD tunics.
    Regards,

Jerry

Nice example. I think I almost bought this tunic myself the other day, but I have 12 sd tunics already...sd tunics seem really cheap at the moment. £20-25 seems ridiculously cheap for original war time uniform.

Quote by helldunkle View Post
    Nice example. I think I almost bought this tunic myself the other day, but I have 12 sd tunics already...sd tunics seem really cheap at the moment. £20-25 seems ridiculously cheap for original war time uniform.
    Indeed, it seems incredible that you can buy a WWII officers tunic for so little, when you would struggle to buy anything WWII German for the same money, never mind how much the equivalent WWII German signals officers tunic would cost you.

Good for those of us who wish to collect such things, you get a lot of history for you money.
    Regards,

Jerry

It was only a few months ago I was fighting others to buy similar tunics for £50-60, Maybe the lack of money everywhere effected prices. Still, good news for collectors. a few weeks ago I bought a nice 44' dated economy patern tunic for £20 it just needs some buttons and collar badges.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Sigs SD tunic  

Quote by helldunkle View Post
    It was only a few months ago I was fighting others to buy similar tunics for £50-60, Maybe the lack of money everywhere effected prices. Still, good news for collectors. a few weeks ago I bought a nice 44' dated economy patern tunic for £20 it just needs some buttons and collar badges.
    Very nice and a real bargain at that price.

I assume it is just a blip and prices will return to the higher rate. I suppose it also depends on the unit, with the corps not so collectable.
    Regards,

Jerry

It arrived and much to my surprise it has a 7/45 dated and named label inside the inner pocket, to W. C. Tazewell. I looked in the Gazette and found the following

ROYAL CORPS OF SIGNALS.
    Lt. E. F. KINSEY (191468), from I. Corps, to be
    Lt., 27th Oct. 1945, retaining his present seniority.
    2328175 War Subs. C.Q.M.S. (F. of S.) Norman
    Burwell LEDGER (359130) to be Lt. (T.M.O.), 3rd
    Oct. 1945: —
    The undermentioned Cadets to be 2nd Lts.: —
    3rd Nov. 1945 :—•
    15002121 Herbert Leslie ARCHARD (360426).
    14th Nov. 1945: —
    2320897 Arthur William HATTON (357933).
    14495857 George Basil BRAUND (357934)-
    2601921 Philip Arthur Lester HARRIS (357935)-
    14807337 Cyril Arthur LEE (35794*) •
    14495264 Peter John Carver LLOYD (357936).
    14833994 James Bruce MAXWELL (357937)-
    14850113 Cyril James Cunliffe PUGH (357938).
    14691033 David Eaton RICHARDS (357939).
    557735° William Charles Edward TAZEWELL

Viewing Page 6193 of Issue 37397

The weather is bad here, but I'll post some pics when (IF????) it improves.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast