Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Royal Sigs SD tunic

Article about: by Bond I think they changed them, as they changed the cloth titles in 44 to just Royal Signals and also I saw some dogs for sale listed as "up to 44", so I "assume" they

Default Re: Royal Sigs SD tunic

That was a nice bonus!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A few extra pics, but taken indoors so not very good for definition or colour. I had to shrink them to get them to upload.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Sigs SD tunic   Royal Sigs SD tunic  

Royal Sigs SD tunic   Royal Sigs SD tunic  

Royal Sigs SD tunic   Royal Sigs SD tunic  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

And a very fine example it is indeed Jerry the extra bonus of the label makes it all the better.
    Nice to be able to research the history to this BD tunic an awsome bonus IMO.

Regards Mark K

Some more pics, though the colour is much stronger in the hand. I have replaced the missing rank pips, so just need to get shoulder titles and collar dogs. If anyone knows which version it would have?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Sigs SD tunic   Royal Sigs SD tunic  

Regards,

Jerry

Nice looking thing. Amazing how different it looks now it's off that mannequin form, the skirts look short now

You are actually still missng a couple of pips. His rank was definitely Lieutenant, and the second pair of holes in the straps are for another pip, not shoulder titles. If you are going to display it as a 2/Lt, then move the pips down to the lower holes, British officers never wore their pips centred like that, always at the bottom of the strap.

I have a R Sigs SD jacket, and I will show you the collar badges it would have had. They would have been the oval type, with Mercury in the centre

Rob

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    Nice looking thing. Amazing how different it looks now it's off that mannequin form, the skirts look short now

You are actually still missng a couple of pips. His rank was definitely Lieutenant, and the second pair of holes in the straps are for another pip, not shoulder titles. If you are going to display it as a 2/Lt, then move the pips down to the lower holes, British officers never wore their pips centred like that, always at the bottom of the strap.

I have a R Sigs SD jacket, and I will show you the collar badges it would have had. They would have been the oval type, with Mercury in the centre

Rob
    Thanks Rob. I thought the lower holes looked too small to be for titles and I'll add another pair of pips for Lt. I know the type of dogs, but it would be good to see the correct type of OSD R sigs dogs, if it is not a hassle for you to post some pics.
    Last edited by Jerry B; 06-17-2012 at 09:20 AM.
    Regards,

Jerry

As promised here is mine, un-named sadly, but the original owner was both parachute and airlanding qualified:

Royal Sigs SD tunicRoyal Sigs SD tunic

Rob

As promised here is mine, un-named sadly, but the original owner was both parachute and airlanding qualified:

Royal Sigs SD tunicRoyal Sigs SD tunic

Rob
    Very nice SD and the extra qualifications are a nice bonus.

Are the dogs the up to 44 version?
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Bond View Post
    Very nice SD and the extra qualifications are a nice bonus.

Are the dogs the up to 44 version?
    I wasn't aware they changed them, to be honest

Rob

I wasn't aware they changed them, to be honest

Rob
    I think they changed them, as they changed the cloth titles in 44 to just Royal Signals and also I saw some dogs for sale listed as "up to 44", so I "assume" they were changed sometime in 44, though I might be wrong, as "assumption is the mother of all f##k ups.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast