Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Scots Guards BD 3rd Division

Article about: Hi all. Got this at a local army surplus store. Although the label is somewhat worn, I am 95% sure it says 1944. I have done some research however and concluded that the combination of Scots

Default Scots Guards BD 3rd Division

Hi all. Got this at a local army surplus store. Although the label is somewhat worn, I am 95% sure it says 1944. I have done some research however and concluded that the combination of Scots Guards shoulder title and 3rd Division patch must be post war as I cannot find any collaboration between the two during the War. I believe they were paired up for the Suez crisis however. Of course if someone could tell me different that would be great too . Sorry for fuzzy pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Scots Guards BD 3rd Division   Scots Guards BD 3rd Division  

Scots Guards BD 3rd Division  

Default Re: Scots Guards BD 3rd Division

It is a 1949 pattern blouse.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for the info. How can you tell, what are the giveaways?

Cheers.

Pleated pockets with exposed buttons. Only found on the 49 pattern. This also has all the other features of the 49 pattern, fly front and open stepped collar.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ah, ok. thanks very much.

Nice BD but as your research suggested and Ade posted, postwar 49 pattern BD, but still a desirable regiment badged example IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

A really nice piece better than anything I've ever seen in my local surplus stores