Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

service jacket apparently ww1 or earlier ??? opinions please

Article about: Blue service jacket apparently ww1 or earlier this came from a 80+ ear old lad who told me it was her fathers service jacket who was in the armed forces before and during ww1 . she said she

Default service jacket apparently ww1 or earlier ??? opinions please

Blue service jacket apparently ww1 or earlier this came from a 80+ ear old lad who told me it was her fathers service jacket who was in the armed forces before and during ww1 . she said she thinks she has the buttons at home in her sewing kit and told me she will get her grand daughter to have a look for them for me tonight and will give me a call to come grab them in the morning or this avo/night . I was just wondering what peoples opinions are on this coat .I know some peoole get mistaken about this sort of thing as the ears pass . It is almost new to look at . It's blue that confuses me a little unless RAAF ???? the belt is sewn on type .and pop out type pockets likke my ww2 era HLI doublet . well hope ou's like it .unfortunately it is missing a tag .I'm guessing it would have been dated there .
    thanks matty.
    service jacket apparently ww1 or earlier ??? opinions pleaseservice jacket apparently ww1 or earlier ??? opinions pleaseservice jacket apparently ww1 or earlier ??? opinions pleaseservice jacket apparently ww1 or earlier ??? opinions pleaseservice jacket apparently ww1 or earlier ??? opinions pleaseservice jacket apparently ww1 or earlier ??? opinions pleaseservice jacket apparently ww1 or earlier ??? opinions pleaseservice jacket apparently ww1 or earlier ??? opinions pleaseservice jacket apparently ww1 or earlier ??? opinions pleaseservice jacket apparently ww1 or earlier ??? opinions pleaseservice jacket apparently ww1 or earlier ??? opinions pleaseservice jacket apparently ww1 or earlier ??? opinions please

To me that's a WW2 tailor made OR RAAF jacket for sure (very nice one at that), here's one of my issued ones to show the cut. This one is odd that it has the epaulettes. I only have and seen a Aust made officers type with epaulettes issued to a Polish air force person.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 12-20-2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: added pic & text

cheers rene I wait with great anticipation on getting the buttons off her. I'm sure the will tell the answer I seek . I will be stoked if it is that is one of the era's I want to concentrate my collecting on. That being said ww1 would be great too I don't have anything except a trench watch and a few pins and buttons and a couple of prussian/french medals and a french sword from before ww2 era .

I could be wrong about the OR if it has button holes on the lower pockets , if it does it's an officer type

?

I agree with Rene, its looks RAAF, but im thinking post WW2 in date because of the sliver buckle. I cant recall seeing a WW2 tunic with a buckle like that. The buckles were black like in the photo the Rene posted above. Can you get the name of the original owner of the tunic? If so that might provide a few answers with more research.

Looks more WWII than WWI to me also. Still a nice jacket.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

No button holes on the lower pockets mate .

?

The lower pockets are an interesting cut too. Very square cut to the top of the pockets rather than rounded. It is a tailored tunic so this could account for that.

I'll try to have a chat to the old lady I got it off and find out more info on who he was exactly when she gives me a call to go the the buttons.

This may help gents re era.
    From the Adelphi site.

Adelphi Apparel (also operating as Adelphi Tailoring Co), based in Perth Western Australia, is a wholly Australian owned and operated business with a long history of manufacturing (since 1929) quality garments.

Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast