23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave it alone

9 39.13%
  • O.k to add insignia of any kind

8 34.78%
  • O.k to add some basic insignia

6 26.09%

Should you badge an unissued uniform

Article about: I have been asking myself the question, is it o.k to badge up a tunic or battledress blouse ( well any uniform really ) if it is an unissued example. Not plastering it in fancy airborne or s

?

Default Should you badge an unissued uniform

I have been asking myself the question, is it o.k to badge up a tunic or battledress blouse ( well any uniform really ) if it is an unissued example.
    Not plastering it in fancy airborne or special forces insignia but maybe adding some shoulder titles or collar badges ( brass or cloth ) for example to make the display a little more interesting or should it be left alone.
    Also not to badge it to deceive, with the aim to make profit from an innocent buyer.
    Any thoughts...............

Default Re: Should you badge an unissued uniform

Provided you are doing it for your own enjoyment and not to defraud anyone there is no problem badging up an unissued uniform.

groundhugger
    ?

If its to display a uniform for a theme or project or your favourite regiment I cant see any problem with it , if you sell it on then explain its non provenance to the purchaser .

I say ok to add, as long as it is right and only for educational purposes not for finacial gain. i have a uniform that i am doing just that to. I want to stay as true to what the uniform already has on it. i'm going more towards occupation era. what do you think? it has third army, master sergeant rank and expert carbine on it. I think it's dated '45.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Should you badge an unissued uniform  
    Last edited by gooseandspoons; 03-04-2010 at 10:19 PM. Reason: add pic

3mk
    ?

If its not named to anyone and un issued and never used,I see no reason not to.Just make sure to use original insignia and maybe sew it a few centimeters away from where originals would of have been sewed on (Such as the Poland shoulder patches that the Poles wore,There was a specific area to place it).Hopefully if you were to ever sell it,The buyer would then sell it as a restored piece and not a original.

Regards
    Emil

I badged up a few of my uniforms to use in museum displays for the local historical society. I always just write down what isn't original to the uniform and put it in the pocket that way if something happens to me someone else will know.