Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Smock Denison in Far East Campaign?

Article about: Can anybody give me information about this Smock Denison? It's looks like the British one, but it's using button instead of zipper It's being used in Far East by the Netherlands post-war per

Here's a picture that shows it a bit better, although hidden behind kit!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Smock Denison in Far East Campaign?  

Thanks for the picture and link mate!

Cheers,
    Damar

?

Slight correction: the smock in post #1 is wartime British made, but converted to a buttoned neck closure by the Belgians after the war.
    The loops were made fron a strip of material taken from the inside of the smock.

So, it's actually a British Smock with zipper, but the Belgian converted it into a buttoned neck closure?
    Now I understand why the smock in the first picture that I posted have a slight different camo pattern than the Belgian Smock
    Thanks for the picture LucN. Could you post the picture of the neck part and the whole smock?

Cheers!
    Damar

?

Quote by IDN Narod View Post
    So, it's actually a British Smock with zipper, but the Belgian converted it into a buttoned neck closure?
    Correct!

Here are some more pictures of the smock, a well used second pattern

Smock Denison in Far East Campaign?Smock Denison in Far East Campaign?Smock Denison in Far East Campaign?.

CBH
    ?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Early button version in this thread, they are rare so hard to find images of them.

Para smock 1950s
    Great Link , I used to use this site often but could never get photos to upload !
    So it fell out of favor with me , and now our post 45 camo thread is growing .
    Cheers

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    I'm not so sure (but willing to be corrected). I have a post war Belgian smock and my differs in a couple of ways. Mine has button holes (not loops) and the colours show a lot more green and lighter in colour. The smock shown here would appear to be a British one with a zip altered to buttons - I will take some pictures of mine to show the difference
    So I was right! (Although unaware that it was a post war Belgian mod!)

?

Some more pictures of post-war Belgium made smocks. Enjoy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Smock Denison in Far East Campaign?   Smock Denison in Far East Campaign?  

Attached Images Attached Images Smock Denison in Far East Campaign?  Smock Denison in Far East Campaign?  Smock Denison in Far East Campaign?  Smock Denison in Far East Campaign? 

Thank you for all the pictures you posted LucN!

Cheers!
    Damar

edit: Why would they convert from zipper to button? Is it because of preference or what?

I think buttons are cheaper to replace than zippers if they break?
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast