MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some British and American uniforms

Article about: Hi everyone, thought you might be interested to see some of my uniforms, a collection of British officers uniform and USAAF service dress. The British uniforms are left to right, a Royal Art

Default Some British and American uniforms

Hi everyone, thought you might be interested to see some of my uniforms, a collection of British officers uniform and USAAF service dress.

The British uniforms are left to right, a Royal Artillery battledress jacket dated 1940, with helmet and officers web equipment, a 1917 British officers SD tunic, also Royal artillery, displayed here with WW2 accessories including a 1944 Royal artillery Officers cap, and a 1943 austerity pattern officers tunic of the Royal Engineers with field service cap, (medal ribbons for Africa and Italy and 1939-45 star) and officers service dress trousers c.1939.

The USAAF uniforms are clockwise, a Summer/tropical officers service dress tunic dated 1942, with cap. An other ranks (first sergeant) Ike jacket dated 1944 with armaments cuff patch, and USAAF garrison cap. In the middle is a 1942 eight airforce officers tunic with a crush cap by Dobbs and pilots wings and overseas service chevrons on the cuff. Next is an officers Ike jacket which has been re-tailored from a service tunic originally made in 1942. It has a bullion AAF patch and navigators wings and is displayed with a standard army officers cap, and an enlisted mans service tunic for an AAF medic and displaying the 'demob duck' on the right breast showing the completion of service. Also a 1944 dated pair of officers 'pinks' and a 1942 pair of regulation army officers trousers.

The third picture shows British tropical uniforms 1939-1945. From left, a British signal officers Khaki drill tunic with coloured Royal Signals service cap. A jungle green enlisted mans shirt, dated 1943 with royal artillery slouch hat, also 1943. Next is enlisted mans airtex KD shirt, helmet and webbing. Also a pith helmet dated 1941, Officers Khaki trousers and a pair of 1942 dated KD shorts.

Any comments, corrections or other info is welcome.

Douglas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some British and American uniforms   Some British and American uniforms  

Some British and American uniforms  
    Last edited by douglas2496; 08-31-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Default Re: Some British and American uniforms

Very good collection and wonderful presentation of them. I don't collect or have much knowledge of the American items, but they look good. The British uniforms and equipment is more to my taste and all look really good. I have a few BD's and SD tunics (& KD tunics), some Tommy helmets etc. Very nice and thanks for showing them all.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice collection Douglas. I like the way you have them displayed.

Burt

Great collection
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

I like the items in the extra pic you have added. I have an interest in tropical or desert items and yours look really good. I have a few Wolseley helmets and as I posted earlier a few KD tunics, though no trousers (except 1 pair of 40 pattern BD trousers) or shorts or a slouch hat yet. Your displays do inspire me to do something better with my examples and I might have to buy at least one mannequin to display them on.
    Regards,

Jerry

Jerry, Im glad my displays have inspired you. I have just seen the pictures of your collection and it is very impressive. I especially like the BD jackets and the superb collection of Nazi eagle patches. Douglas

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Jerry, Im glad my displays have inspired you. I have just seen the pictures of your collection and it is very impressive. I especially like the BD jackets and the superb collection of Nazi eagle patches. Douglas
    Many thanks Douglas. I am selling some of my eagles and other German items, though not any of my tropical collection and none of my British items.
    Regards,

Jerry

Very nicely presented I like the 1917 service dress particularly (it's pistol case is on the wrong side though).

Rob

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    Very nicely presented I like the 1917 service dress particularly (it's pistol case is on the wrong side though).

Rob
    I am reading a very interesting book about WWI called Six Weeks and it recounts an incident when Anthony Eden was told that he had his holster on the wrong side and he said he would position it correctly after that days battle. At the end of the day he found it had been hit by shrapnel and it was agreed that he would always wear it the wrong way round as it had saved him from injury.
    Regards,

Jerry

Beautifully presented. Excellent!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast