Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some neat new uniforms

Article about: Hi guys, I acquired all of these within the past couple of weeks. Here we have: 1. An Ike Jacket, dated July 1944 (I'd go check the exact date but the cat is purring comfortably on my lap.),

Default Some neat new uniforms

Hi guys,

I acquired all of these within the past couple of weeks. Here we have:

1. An Ike Jacket, dated July 1944 (I'd go check the exact date but the cat is purring comfortably on my lap.), and named to a Sgt. Pederson of the 9th Air Force. It's got a Presidential Unit Citation with a oak leaf cluster, Good Conduct Ribbon, American Campaign Ribbon, Europe/North Africa/Middle East Campaign Ribbon with two battle stars, WWII Victory Ribbon, Ruptured Duck, and Air Corps collar insignia. Best of all, it's a 42R, which is an unfortunately difficult size to find. It fits me nicely. I also found a White Owl cigar wrapper inside of one of the pockets. All I know about the vet is that he was likely from Choctaw, Oklahoma.

2. An M43 with a worn out and illegible tag. I'm guessing it's WWII. It has lovely 1st I.D. and 2nd Lt. insignia on it. It also has a curious clean bullet-sized hole in the back that goes straight through. I'm not one to speculate, but it does add a bit of mystery. I also found a strange aluminum tag in the right breast pocket. Any ideas on that? This one also fits me.

3. An named officer's dress jacket. Unfortunately, I left this back home in PA, and I can't remember the name. I tried researching it to no avail. It has insignia for a pilot, and it's a 41R.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some neat new uniforms   Some neat new uniforms  

Some neat new uniforms   Some neat new uniforms  

Some neat new uniforms  

Hi,

Very nice uniforms there.

Looks like you already have a good start!

Your M-43 is great, might be a 370-D or E based on the color. I would guess there is only one button on the neck closer flap.

Cheers!
    Taka

Nice purchases!

really Nice looking.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Good finds. I like the 1st Div field jacket.

Those are some great looking jackets mate!!! if your ever looking to sell in the future pm me

Good stuff Mo. I love the AAF officer's jacket especially.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I'd love to own a 1st I.D. M1 helmet to go with the M43. Wouldn't that make a nice display?

?

Looks like you have done very well in a very short period.
    That is a nice looking AAF officer jacket. By chance did you get the belt that goes with it?

Semper Fi
    Phil

i would say you got some nice items.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast