Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish Civil war cap Officer

Article about: Hi Forum I consider to buy this cap, I am sure it is from the spanish civil war, an officers cap, it looks like a high ranking officer ? All comments are welcome I have found a former thread

Default Spanish Civil war cap Officer

Hi Forum
    I consider to buy this cap, I am sure it is from the spanish civil war, an officers cap, it looks like a high ranking officer ? All comments are welcome

I have found a former thread about a similar cap
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/uniforms/spanish-civil-war-officer-hat-312604/

Regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish Civil war cap Officer  

?

Hello, my opinion is that the cap is post Franco era, dating it about 1980's. Here is a picture of a similar visor from the 1980's as worn as a gala cap from the military academy and another Generals cap from the Bosnian conflict. The material and construction are all wrong for civil war era. Civil war caps usually had branch insignia, artillery, infantry etc, carryovers from the republic era after the abdication of King Alfonso XIII in 1931. Franco era caps would have the ducal (open) crown like the one shown in the link you provided.

Spanish Civil war cap OfficerSpanish Civil war cap Officer

These are some examples of Civil war and republic era caps. Note the simple design and materials.

Hi Aldo
    Yes, it is correct, now I also had some time to look around on "Google" it is a post Franco era, so it does not have my interest, thank you for your id
    Regards
    John

?

I'm glad I could help John. I hope you find a nice civil war example and post it so we can all learn more about them. I own several civil war side caps, berets and a fez but not a nice visor yet.
    Regards, Al