Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tailor-made Navy Chief Petty Officer's jacket w/Bullion insignia

Article about: Hi guys, My aunt recently got this for me (Aren't aunts amazing?), but I am having a little trouble identifying the patches. I recognize the CPO rank, but I have no idea what the scroll and

Default Tailor-made Navy Chief Petty Officer's jacket w/Bullion insignia

Hi guys,

My aunt recently got this for me (Aren't aunts amazing?), but I am having a little trouble identifying the patches. I recognize the CPO rank, but I have no idea what the scroll and pen are for. Overall it's a nice mint coat with zero issues. It came in a grouping with a shirt and some paper items that I also posted. Heres the link:

IRTC "I am a Doughboy" booklet, ration booklets, LOA Application

Enjoy!
    Mo

P.S. Sorry for the discoloration on the jacket, it is all a nice uniform khaki color. The dark 'stripe' going over it is just from poor lighting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tailor-made Navy Chief Petty Officer's jacket w/Bullion insignia   Tailor-made Navy Chief Petty Officer's jacket w/Bullion insignia  

Tailor-made Navy Chief Petty Officer's jacket w/Bullion insignia   Tailor-made Navy Chief Petty Officer's jacket w/Bullion insignia  

Tailor-made Navy Chief Petty Officer's jacket w/Bullion insignia   Tailor-made Navy Chief Petty Officer's jacket w/Bullion insignia  

?

Default Re: Tailor-made Navy Chief Petty Officer's jacket w/Bullion insignia

It may be the insignia for an adjutant.

Josey

?

It is a personnell mans rate. ( Clerk )
    SteveR

Steve R is correct. The rating Personnel man takes care of enlisted
    mens service records. The Yeoman rating took care of Officers service
    records (at least when I served 1962-1966).
    Tks,
    Bob

Thanks for your help guys.

I love that bullion insignia... the owner must have made it his priority to look "fresh"...