Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

tank crew coverall: Authentic WW II?

Article about: Dear all, May I ask you about this coverall? Authentic WW II ? (After the helmet I am looking for adequate clothing ... ) With best wishes alter musketier

Default Question: Tank crew coverall: Authentic US WW II?

Dear all,

May I ask you about this coverall? Authentic US WW II ? (After the helmet I am just looking a little bit around for adequate clothing ... )

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Last edited by Alter Musketier; 01-10-2016 at 03:19 PM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

?

This one looks fine to me. I have also noticed lately theres quite a few popping up in ebay for around $25 a piece.

I think these are 3rd pattern which came in in 1943 and were used at least until Vietnam. I believe the earlier ones had 2 chest pockets and a few other minor differences.

Some good shots here of the earlier pattern WW2 Tanker Coveralls? - UNIFORMS - U.S. Militaria Forum

The 2 later patterns are here WWII US MILITARY UNIFORMS PRICE GUIDE - MilitaryItems.com

I believe these are mechanics overalls utilized by tankers

Nice, I'd wear that ;-)

another note- make sure it has a anti gas flap (shown here on mine), then you can be pretty sure it's a WW2 model

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your evaluations!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    another note- make sure it has a anti gas flap (shown here on mine), then you can be pretty sure it's a WW2 model
    Dear René,

Thanky you very much for this advice! Good to know!

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Quote by Roger M View Post
    I think these are 3rd pattern which came in in 1943 and were used at least until Vietnam. I believe the earlier ones had 2 chest pockets and a few other minor differences.

Some good shots here of the earlier pattern WW2 Tanker Coveralls? - UNIFORMS - U.S. Militaria Forum

The 2 later patterns are here WWII US MILITARY UNIFORMS PRICE GUIDE - MilitaryItems.com
    I think you are correct; the 3th pattern had only a single breast pocket and different lower pockets. This is indeed a general mechanics' suit, not specially intended for tankers but certainly used by them.